A Complete Buying Guide With Reviews To Buy The Best Cart For Your Kayak!
If you are going to hit the waters soon, you’re probably wondering if there is an easy way to transport your kayak from your car/home to the destination (lake or rivers) without any hassles.
Well, kayak carts are meant precisely for this purpose! It can help you transport your kayak easily after you attach it to (or over) the cart with the strap/hook/base whatever it provides. A kayak cart has wheels at the bottom. This makes it very easy to carry your kayak and take it to wherever you want without having the pain of carrying it (unless you have a lightweight kayak). A kayak cart is made such a way so that it can easily withstand the weight of a kayak, and you just gently push it from the back like a Baby Stroller. Easy-peasy, right?
The point is – you have endless options to choose a perfect cart, but which one to pick?
Don’t worry though! This guide is meant to help you in every possible way. In this guide, you will find a list of top 5 kayak carts which you can go through first and then you can choose the cart which fits your requirements the best. So let’s get started!
Top 5 Kayak Carts For 2020 (Best Picks)
In a hurry? Check the bestseller top kayak carts from Amazon. Just check the product link, the details and price.
Best Carts – At a Glance (With Things We Like & Don’t)
This is one of the best kayak carts out there. It has been coated with aluminum and stainless steel. It makes it very easy for you to handle the kayak and transport it without any hassles. This cart has tires that are 10 inches in size and make the kayaks feel very light. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart can easily lift a kayak of weight up to 120lbs. This kayak cart uses rubber pads which makes it good for a long period use in comparison to the carts which use foam. This kayak cart has a lot of features that have been listed below.
- This cart is very strong and durable. It can easily work for many years.
- The cart is very durable which is very important to carry kayaks easily without any problems.
- This cart uses a rubber pad and not foam which makes it of superior quality and better than the others.
- It is also very good looking and has a premium design that makes it distinct and unique compared to other kayak carts.
- The build quality of this cart is very impressive.
- The tires are airless which means they will never actually go flat or run out of air.
- It can be expensive for some people as they may not be able to afford it.
- It can only withstand weights up to 120lbs.
This amazing kayak cart can withstand all types of terrains and has been designed to be UV resistant and corrosion-resistant. It has been made out of stainless steel and plastics. This cart can carry weight up to 260lbs easily. It also has tires that can never get flat or require air to be pumped as it has completely airless tires. This kayak cart is really amazing and could be considered the best cart out there, but due to its high price, it is on the second number.
- This cart has airless tires that don’t require air to be pumped again and again.
- C-Tug cart can withstand weight up to 260lbs very easily and is very strong and durable.
- It has the tool-free assembly feature which means you can easily assemble it in only under a minute which means it removes all the hassles and makes the work very easy for you!
- It has a really impressive and attractive design which is bound to make you purchase it the moment you look at it.
- It has a long time warranty which means you can be carefree about whether it will last long or not.
- It is extremely expensive.
- Some people may just want a simple look.
This is a really good kayak cart but it is only supported by sit on top kayaks or those kayaks which have scupper holes. If you have such kind of kayak, then this is definitely the kayak cart to go for! It has a really good design with adjustable holders. It works with almost every sit on the top kayak so that should not be an issue. It is a highly adjustable kayak cart that can make handling kayaks very easy for you. There are a lot of features that come along with this kayak cart. These features will be listed below.
- It has a very simplistic design which many people love to have.
- It is a highly adjustable kayak cart which means it will provide you with a very good experience while handling the kayak.
- It has an aluminum frame which is corrosion resistant. So you don’t have to worry about any rust forming on your kayak cart any soon!
- It has foam covering to protect the kayak from damage.
- Malone Xpress cart can take a load of up to 200lbs.
- Only suitable for sit on top kayaks.
- No rubber padding.
With a capacity of up to 150lbs, this kayak cart has a metal frame and is protected by foam padding from all sides. It has been designed to roll very smoothly on a different surface and has a very quick installation so you wouldn’t end up wasting any of your time or figuring out how to set up the whole cart easily. It is made up of aluminum and stainless steel which ensures durability and sturdiness. Let’s discuss the features of this kayak cart in detail.
- It has a very long strap about 12 ft in length and is very easy to install.
- Has protection for itself as well as your kayak so you can be completely free of any worries!
- Comes with a spring-loaded stand.
- Can move smoothly on every type of terrain especially sand terrains which is where you would probably be taking your kayak.
- It helps the whole process hassle-free, convenient and simple.
- You can make it work as a kayak dolly as well which is great for storage purposes.
- It is really simple to assemble the kayak cart and the whole installation process is very quick and requires no efforts.
- It can hold weight only up to 150 lbs and not more than that which might be a problem in case you have a very heavy kayak.
- It has inflatable tires which means it would require occasional air pumping and you may get a flat tire which you would have to get fixed.
This kayak cart has an extremely light design and is a really good option which you should consider while looking for kayak carts. It has two pads that are folded and are at the top of the kayak cart. These pads are definitely going to provide protection to your kayak and to hold it in a comfortable way. The wheels are 16 inches in size and are made of aluminum. They are easily removable if required. The frame can also be used for storage purposes. This kayak cart supports up to 70lbs of weight and not above that. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of this kayak cart in detail.
- This kayak cart is very simple to use and install.
- It has protection for both the kayak and the cart itself.
- It has removable wheels which makes it easier to be stored.
- It makes sure the kayak stays in place and does not move here and there and create difficulties for you in the transport.
- It has an extremely light design which makes it easy to move the cart for people who have trouble moving the heavier carts.
- It can only handle the weight of up to 70lbs so it can be a bad choice if you have a kayak heavier than that.
- Not a very strong and durable design.
So now you must be well aware of the top 5 best options that you have at hand if you want to buy a kayak cart which is suitable for you and perfectly suits your requirements and can make the transport hassle-free for you. All you need to do now is see which one of these carts fits your requirements. Make sure you evaluate both the pros as well as the cons and go ahead to purchase the cart now!
Last update on 2020-08-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API