A Complete Buying Guide With Reviews To Buy The Best Cart For Your Kayak!
If you are going to hit the waters soon, you’re probably wondering if there is an easy way to transport your kayak from your car/home to the destination (lake or rivers) without any hassles.
Well, kayak carts are meant precisely for this purpose! It can help you transport your kayak easily after you attach it to (or over) the cart with the strap/hook/base whatever it provides. A kayak cart has wheels at the bottom. This makes it very easy to carry your kayak and take it to wherever you want without having the pain of carrying it (unless you have a lightweight kayak). A kayak cart is made in such a way so that it can easily withstand the weight of a kayak, and you just gently push it from the back like a Baby Stroller. Easy-peasy, right?
The point is – you have endless options to choose a perfect cart, but which one to pick?
Don’t worry though! This guide is meant to help you in every possible way. In this guide, you will find a list of top 5 kayak carts which you can go through first, and then you can choose the cart which fits your requirements the best. So let’s get started!
Top 5 Kayak Carts For 2022 (Best Picks)
In a hurry? Check the bestseller top kayak carts from Amazon. Just check the product link, the details and price.
Best Carts – At A Glance (With Things We Like & Don’t)
The best kayak carts in 2021 are not only about the features but there are also about factors like weight and transportability.
Kayak carts have been known to be helpful for over 20 years. They make it easier to move a kayak from one location to another. They’re lightweight and compact – as opposed to a standard cart that’s much heavier and bulkier.
1. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart
This is one of the best kayak carts out there. It has been coated with aluminum and stainless steel. It makes it very easy for you to handle the kayak and transport it without any hassles. This cart has tires that are 10 inches in size and make the kayaks feel very light. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Cart can easily lift a kayak of weight up to 120lbs. This kayak cart uses rubber pads which makes it good for a long period of use in comparison to the carts which use foam. This kayak cart has a lot of features that have been listed below.
1. This cart is very strong and durable. It can easily work for many years.
2. The cart is very durable which is very important to carry kayaks easily without any problems.
3. This cart uses a rubber pad and not foam which makes it of superior quality and better than the others.
4. It is also very good-looking and has a premium design that makes it distinct and unique compared to other kayak carts.
5. The build quality of this cart is very impressive.
6. The tires are airless which means they will never actually go flat or run out of air.
1. It can be expensive for some people as they may not be able to afford it.
2. It can only withstand weights up to 120lbs.
2. C-Tug Kayak & Canoe Cart
This amazing kayak cart can withstand all types of terrains and has been designed to be UV resistant and corrosion-resistant. It has been made out of stainless steel and plastics. This cart can carry weight up to 260lbs easily. It also has tires that can never get flat or require air to be pumped as it has completely airless tires. This kayak cart is really amazing and could be considered the best cart out there, but due to its high price, it is on the second number.
1. This cart has airless tires that don’t require air to be pumped again and again.
2. C-Tug cart can withstand weight up to 260lbs very easily and is very strong and durable.
3. It has the tool-free assembly feature which means you can easily assemble it in only under a minute which means it removes all the hassles and makes the work very easy for you!
4. It has a really impressive and attractive design which is bound to make you purchase it the moment you look at it.
5. It has a long time warranty which means you can be carefree about whether it will last long or not.
1. It is extremely expensive.
2. Some people may just want a simple look.
3. Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Cart for Sit-On-Top Kayaks
This is a really good kayak cart but it is only supported by sit-on-top kayaks or those kayaks which have scupper holes. If you have such kind of kayak, then this is definitely the kayak cart to go for! It has a really good design with adjustable holders. It works with almost every sit on the top kayak so that should not be an issue. It is a highly adjustable kayak cart that can make handling kayaks very easy for you. There are a lot of features that come along with this kayak cart. These features will be listed below.
1. It has a very simplistic design which many people love to have.
2. It is a highly adjustable kayak cart which means it will provide you with a very good experience while handling the kayak.
3. It has an aluminum frame that is corrosion resistant. So you don’t have to worry about any rust forming on your kayak cart any soon!
4. It has a foam covering to protect the kayak from damage.
5. Malone Xpress cart can take a load of up to 200lbs.
1. Only suitable for sit on top kayaks.
2. No rubber padding.
4. TMS Kayak Canoe Jon Boat Carrier Dolly Trailer Tote Trolley
With a capacity of up to 150lbs, this kayak cart has a metal frame and is protected by foam padding from all sides. It has been designed to roll very smoothly on a different surface and has a very quick installation so you wouldn’t end up wasting any of your time or figuring out how to set up the whole cart easily. It is made up of aluminum and stainless steel which ensures durability and sturdiness. Let’s discuss the features of this kayak cart in detail.
1. It has a very long strap about 12 ft in length and is very easy to install.
2. Has protection for itself as well as your kayak so you can be completely free of any worries!
3. Comes with a spring-loaded stand.
4. Can move smoothly on every type of terrain especially sand terrains which is where you would probably be taking your kayak.
5. It helps the whole process hassle-free, convenient and simple.
6. You can make it work as a kayak dolly as well which is great for storage purposes.
7. It is really simple to assemble the kayak cart and the whole installation process is very quick and requires no effort.
1. It can hold weight only up to 150 lbs and not more than that which might be a problem in case you have a very heavy kayak.
2. It has inflatable tires which means it would require occasional air pumping and you may get a flat tire which you would have to get fixed.
5. Wike Kayak & Surf + Sailboard Trailer
This kayak cart has an extremely light design and is a really good option which you should consider while looking for kayak carts. It has two pads that are folded and are at the top of the kayak cart. These pads are definitely going to provide protection to your kayak and hold it in a comfortable way. The wheels are 16 inches in size and are made of aluminum. They are easily removable if required. The frame can also be used for storage purposes. This kayak cart supports up to 70lbs of weight and not above that. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of this kayak cart in detail.
1. This kayak cart is very simple to use and install.
2. It has protection for both the kayak and the cart itself.
3. It has removable wheels which makes it easier to be stored.
4. It makes sure the kayak stays in place and does not move here and there and creates difficulties for you in the transport.
5. It has an extremely light design which makes it easy to move the cart for people who have trouble moving the heavier carts.
1. It can only handle the weight of up to 70lbs so it can be a bad choice if you have a kayak heavier than that.
2. Not a very strong and durable design.
Choosing A Kayak Cart: 5 Factors To Consider
1. Weight Capacity
2. Storage Capabilities
3. Wheel Type. Removable Wheels?
Buying a kayak cart should be an important decision and not a small one. If you are buying it for the first time, you may want to consider a few factors before deciding on what to buy.
1) Size and weight: Kayaks come in different sizes and shapes which in turn means that the size and weight of the kayak cart will vary as well. In order to make sure that the kayak cart is suitable for your needs, plan ahead which kayaks you need to carry with you and find out about their size and weight.
2) Price: Kayak carts can range from around $200 to more than $500 so it is essential that you shop around for prices before making a purchase.
3) Durability: When buying an expensive product such as a kayak cart
When buying an expensive product such as a kayak cart, it is important to make sure that you are getting the best possible quality. But don’t worry, because there are ways to make sure that you are getting the best product for your money.
One way is to purchase a cart made from aluminum. Aluminum is durable and can handle the weight of your kayak with ease. If you’re looking for a way to make sure your purchase lasts long-term, it’s always best to invest in a product made from aluminum.
The other option is hard plastic which offers many of the same benefits as the aluminum cart but does not weigh nearly as much as metal carts do. This means that you get more use out of your cart by being able to take it with you easily when needed without worrying about it tipping over.
4) Cart wheels type: The wheels are the most important part of the kayak cart. They will determine how quickly you can move your kayak and the safety of your kayak cart.
There are two types of wheels for a kayak cart: fixed and removable.
Fixed wheels, also called inflatable tires, have an air valve that can be inflated manually to provide some traction in wet conditions or when going over uneven terrain.
Removable wheels are commonly made with a metal axle that is screwed into place with a locking nut; they can be removed to get inside your home or through narrow doorways and gates.
Removable wheels offer more versatility in terms of terrain but are heavier and take up more space than inflatable tires. Fixed wheels offer less versatility but are lighter and take up less space.
Kayak Cart Wheels have a tendency to break off and detach, which is not a huge problem in most situations. This type can be removed without too much trouble, but it’s going to be more difficult if you’re out in the water somewhere and your Kayak Cart Wheel breaks off. You’ll need to go back home or find a place where you can get out of the water before you’re able to remove it, which is not very convenient for any kayaker who wants their paddle back immediately.
So, you should be going for a kayak cart that has removable wheels.
5) Kayak Rack Storage Capabilities: Kayak racks are used for storing kayaks. The most common type of rack is a freestanding kayak rack on the ground or on the wall.
A kayak rack is typically simple and unfinished, made of wood or metal. The most common type of storage capacity for a kayak rack is the ability to store one, two, three, four, or five kayaks depending on how many racks are in place.
Kayaks are placed on their sides for storage and tiered racks make it easier to store more than one boat at a time. A freestanding rack can be used indoors or outdoors as long as it’s anchored properly to the floor or wall.
Do You Need A Kayak Cart To Get Across Sand And Rough Ground?
Transporting a kayak and all the gear can be an arduous task. A kayak cart is an excellent solution to this problem. A kayak cart is a device that facilitates the transport of a long, narrow object such as a kayak over sand or rough ground. It has two small wheels and is constructed of durable material, such as aluminum, for better durability. This device allows for easier transport of your equipment while you are on the beach or in the water. It also does not create significant ruts in the sand when transporting your boat to and from the water like dragging it does.
What Do You Do With Your Kayak Cart When You Launch?
It is important to remove the kayak from the cart when you launch. If you do not remove your kayak, it will fall out of the cart and become damaged. There are a few different ways to release your kayak with your cart: – Put 2 fingers in the hole on a side of your cart and pull up on the handles, then fold down one side of the top part of your cart. – Pull the handle on one side of your cart and rotate it outwards until it no longer has any tension. – Push up against each end of the frame until both sides get to be horizontal. Your kayak should now be free to slide out.
What Is A Kayak Cart & It’s Benefits?
A kayak cart is a wonderful device that makes it easy to transport your kayak to the water or from place to place. There are many benefits of using a kayak cart.
First, it allows you to use both hands for the job at hand- such as carrying other gear- so that you don’t have to worry about dropping your kayak.
Second, it allows you to see where you’re going and make sure there are no obstacles in your way.
Thirdly, when used properly, this device makes it very easy for one person to handle a heavy kayak and load it onto a vehicle or trailer.
This single-handed loading option largely eliminates the need for multiple people and creates efficiency in transporting your boat on land or water. If you’ve ever found yourself in a situation where you’ve needed to move your boat from one body of water to another, this is a useful tool to own.
Which Are Best Kayak Cart Brands?
The best kayak cart brands available are Malone, Thule, Yakima, and Baja. What makes these models great is their durability, strength, versatility, and ease of use. They’re perfect for carrying kayaks on land or water or in the air! But none of these models would be complete without their different features. For example, Thule has an air-cushioned wheel system for extra comfort on any terrain. This feature also prevents the need for kneeling down to inflate or deflate the tires.
How Do You Use A Kayak Cart?
Kayak carts can be used in a variety of ways, depending on the distance of the trip and the incline in elevation that will need to be traversed. For short trips, you may want to use the carts as a wheelbarrow-type device by tilting them up slightly so that you can push them around more easily.
For longer trips, like those over rough terrain or up steep hills, it’s best to use the cart as it was designed: with its two wheels on either side of the axle and its handle extended upwards for pulling.
When going uphill, you can shift your weight back, so that you’re pushing the cart with one hand and pulling with the other.
Where Do I Put My Kayak Cart?
If you are wondering that – “My kayak cart is too large to fit in my car and I don’t have anyone to help me carry it. Where should I leave the cart?”.
It might be best to leave your kayak cart in the garage or at a friend’s house (if they are close by) if you are going to be out for the day. You could also park your car at a church or library parking lot and walk back with the cart.
So now you must be well aware of the top 5 best options that you have at hand if you want to buy a kayak cart that is suitable for you and perfectly suits your requirements and can make the transport hassle-free for you. All you need to do now is see which one of these carts fits your requirements. Make sure you evaluate both the pros as well as the cons and go ahead to purchase the cart now!
Last update on 2021-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API