Kayak pad eyes are essential items that should always be part of your kayaking adventure. Even though your deck rigging may be perfect, sometimes you may need them for other reasons, and they can save your day. Their small size makes them easily portable so that you can go anywhere with them.
To get the best kayak eye pads in the market, you will need to do thorough research, and sometimes you may end up with something you don’t like at all. To save you from all that, we have done all the hard work for you. We have compiled a list of the ten best kayak eye pads in the market today. We have a comparison table that will ensure you compare more efficiently, a section for what to consider when buying kayak pad eyes. We also have a section for frequently asked questions that will answer questions that you may want to be answered. Read on to find out more.
Best Kayak Pad Eyes
The above list shows the top 10 kayak pad eyes in the market. They are easy to install and carry around with you in any kayaking adventure. You will love what they have to offer, with their strength and durability. Below is a buying guide that will help you understand what you should consider when buying kayak pad eyes.
Factors To Consider When Buying Kayak Pad Eyes
In this section, we have a buying guide that should help you choose the best in the market. With this, you will select kayak pad eyes that will fit your needs perfectly. Because you are the one that understands your needs, you should go through this section to understand more of what you should look at before buying kayak pad eyes.
Most kayak pad eyes are made of nylon or stainless steel. Some kits that have screws mostly have screws made of stainless steel. These materials are the best in the market. They are solid and durable and can withstand intense pulling force. Buying pad eyes made of stainless steel or nylon is the best decision you could make concerning material. These materials do not rust and are resistant to abrasion. They do not absorb water and will, undoubtedly, keep you going for long enough before you replace them.
Different pad eyes have different shapes. So, do ropes, and our uses also vary. It would help if you considered the shape that matches the shape of your bungee cord or whatever you want to go through it. A rectangular cord will also require a rectangular pad eye in shape, and a circular rope will need a circular kayak pad eye. This will ensure that they fit each other perfectly and neatly.
If you want to buy pad eyes, you will have to consider the size so that you can buy one that fits your needs perfectly. If you’re going to use them with a thick cord, you will have to buy one that the thick cord can fit through. The size will also be of importance when you know why you are purchasing the deck loops. It is expected that if you want to buy them, for instance, to hang your kayak on the ceiling or to dock it, you will need thick pad eyes. This will support your use, and due to their size, they will be able to withstand any force, from wind to any other strong pulling force that they may experience.
Price is one of the first things everyone looks at before purchasing anything. It would help if you only bought what you can without digging too much into your pocket and end up straining. Remember that not all expensive items are of good quality and vice versa. An idea when you want to reduce spending is that instead of buying one thing, you should add a few dollars and buy a whole kit of what you want.
Comparing The Best Kayak Pad Eyes
Below is a comparison table that will help you compare the size, package content, weight, and size of the different brands. It will help you compare more efficiently and make a more informed decision.
|Brand name||Material||Package weight||Rating||Length||Width||Package content|
|GEESATIS 6 PCs kayak pad eyes||Nylon pad eyes, stainless steel screws||0.05kg||4.8 out of 5||2 inches||1.5 inches||6 pcs pad eyes,12 pcs mounting screws|
|MUDDER 16 PCs nylon bungee deck loops||Nylon pad eyes, stainless steel screws||0.12kg||4.6 out of 5||4.7 cm||1.85 cm||16 pcs pad eyes, 32 pcs screws|
|ABIMARS pad eye||Stainless steel||0.34kg||4.7 out of 5||2.4 inches||0.47 inches||12 pcs eye pads, 24 pcs screws|
|RANDDER kayak pad eye kit||Nylon pad eyes, stainless steel screws||0.08kg||4.8 out of 5||1.25 inches||10 pcs pad eyes, 20 pcs screws|
|ABIMARS pad eye deck loops tie-down||Nylon pad eyes, stainless steel screws||0.14kg||4.6 out of 5||1.85 inches||0.63 inches||10 pcs pad eyes, 20 pcs screws, 1 screwdriver|
|AWPEYE 20 PCs kayak eyelets||Nylon pad eyes, stainless steel screws||0.3 pounds||4.7 out of 5||1.8 inches||0.63 inches||20pcs pad eyes, 40pcs screws|
|H2o kayaks injection molded pad eye||Nylon pad eyes, stainless steel screws||0.01kg||4.6 out of 5||6pcs pad eyes, 12pcs screws, 12pcs well nuts|
|BOOM fishing MA1 kayak pad eye||Aluminum||0.08kg||4.7 out of 5||1.25 inches||1.25 inches||12pcs pad eyes, 24pcs rivets|
|AMARINE MADE pack of 10 stainless steel||Stainless steel||0.09kg||4.7 out of 5||1.65 inches||0.5 inches||10pcs pad eyes, 20pcs screws|
|XYGOOD 10 PCs nylon bungee deck loops||Nylon pad eyes, stainless steel pad eyes||0.05kg||4.5 out of 5||1.85 inches||0.59 inches||10pcs pad eyes, 20pcs screws|
1. GEESATIS 6 PCs kayak pad eyes
If you are looking for kayak pad eyes that have been manufactured with strict measures, using suitable materials, then GEESATIS will do the magic. The manufacturers have an eye for detail, and the packaging and delivery process is done well. These kayak pad eyes will fit most cords within 2-10mm diameter, giving you a wide range of choices of your cords. These are made of high-quality nylon resistant to corrosion even in saltwater, so it will not limit where you can and can’t go kayaking. For easier installation, this package comes with mounting screws. It comes with 6pcs of kayak eye pads and 12pcs of mounting screws, so you won’t have to stress about buying mounting screws.
1. Superior nylon- these kayak pads eyes are made of high-quality nylon resistant to corrosion even in salt water, making them durable for your usage.
2. These pad eyes are lightweight and will be a good pick for your kayak, canoe, or boat uses.
|Package dimensions(L×W×H)||4.7×2.8×0.7 inches|
2. MUDDER 16 PCs nylon bungee deck loops
These kayak eye pads are made for high performance and can be used in several ways, such as fixing paddles, nets, or poles to ensure that your kayaking trip is stress-free. They are made of nylon and high-quality rubber, whereas the mounting screws are made of stainless steel that does not corrode easily. The package includes 16 nylon pad eyes and 32 stainless steel screws, so you can use them more times or even share them with your partner. They are long enough as they are 4.7cm in length and have a width of 1.3cm. The screws will ensure a firm fit that ensures your rigging is safe even with a strong pulling force.
1. Firm Fit- The mounting screws fit firmly with the nylon kayak pad, thus, providing maximum security.
2. Wide Use- you can use these pad eyes together with ropes and use them in kayaks, boats, and canoes.
3. Easy To Carry- you can easily take these pad eyes anywhere with you since they are well-packaged in a small box. Their small size also ensures that you do not go through much trouble while carrying them around.
|Package dimensions (L×W×H)||5.1×4×0.9 inches|
3. ABIMARS pad eye
The shape of these pad eyes has it for us. It is shaped in a way that can accommodate wide, flat bungee cords, so if you love your cords rectangular, you should consider this one. They come in a package containing 12 pieces of eye straps and 24 parts of mounting screws. They are made of high-quality stainless steel that is durable and has no sharp edges that may catch your clothes. Do not worry about installation because they are easy to install. You can use these kayak pad eyes for many things, for instance, kayak, Bimini, canoe, and boat rigging.
1. Wide application- with the help of ropes, you can use these tie-down eye straps for boat, kayak, and canoe rigging or hanging shade sails. You can also use them for car top carriers, boat covers, and camping trailers.
2. Easy installation- you only need to place the eye pad in your position of choice and screw it down.
3. Sturdy- it is strong enough to handle heavy-duty and strong wind will not loosen it.
|Item weight||12.2 ounces|
|Package dimensions(L×W×H)||5.94×4.37×0.67 inches|
4. RANNDER kayak pad eye kit
RANDDERS kayak pad eyes are made to satisfy your needs in various ways, from rigging in kayaks, canoes, and boats. They are made of high-quality nylon that is strong and durable. The screws are made from stainless steel that is resistant to rust. It comes in a package containing ten pieces of nylon pad eyes and 20 stainless steel mounting screws. If you are creative, you can use these pad eyes to install a handle to your kayak for easier carrying to and from the water.
1. Easy to install- installing these pad eyes is easy as all that is needed is placing it in your position of choice and screwing it tight.
2. High-quality materials- the pad eyes are made of strong, lightweight, and durable nylon, and the stainless steel screws don’t rust.
3. These pad eyes are strong and durable and can withstand heavyweight, and will last you for a long time before you replace them.
|Package dimensions(L×W×H)||4.25×2.99×0.94 inches|
5. ABIMARS pad eye deck loops tie down
If you like spending much time on the water, then this kit is designed specifically for you. The good thing about it is that it comes as a package. Everything that you will need is here, with ten pieces of pad eyes, 40 screws, and a screwdriver that can be taken off and alternate at both ends. This deal is excellent as you will not have to go through a struggle to find anything else. When tightening, you should use waterproof silicone around the screws to be 100% watertight. This kit can be applied for use in kayak, canoe, or boat.
1. Solid and durable- these pad eyes are made of high-quality marine-grade nylon and stainless steel mounting screws and screwdriver. These are all resistant to rust.
2. Firm fit- they form a strong fit with the help of the screws and will not come loose even in strong pulling force.
3. Easy to install- there are two sizes of screws, small size for delicate items and big size for thick items.
4. Large quantity screws- this package comes with a total of 40 screws. You will be in a position to choose between small and big sizes according to your needs.
|Package dimensions(L×W×H)||5.2×3.39×0.67 inches|
6. AWPEYE 20pcs kayak eyelets
The AWPEYE kayak pad eyes are robust and offer good performance and a firm fit. They will not become loose even when put through strong pulling force. Their small size will allow you to put them in a small bag and carry them anywhere. They come in packaging containing 20 pieces of kayak pad eyes and 40 pieces of mounting screws. The pad eyes are made of nylon that is strong and durable and will last you as long as you take good care. The screws are made of stainless steel, making them resistant to corrosion.
1. Easy to carry- the pad eyes and screws are tiny and packaged well in a small bag, ensuring you do not lose them and easily take them anywhere.
2. High-quality materials- pad eyes are made of nylon, and screws are made of stainless steel. These materials are solid and durable, and corrosion-resistant.
3. Wide use- these pad eyes can be used with cords as deck rigging on kayaks, boats, or canoes.
|Package weight||0.3 pounds|
|Package dimensions(L×W×H)||5.16×2.99×1.57 inches|
7. H2o kayaks injection-molded nylon pad eyes
H2o comes as a complete package containing six pad eyes, 12 screws, and 12 well nuts. They can be used when replacing your deck rigging or even making custom paddle clips. Pad eyes are made of nylon that is strong and durable. The screws are made of marine-grade stainless steel that makes them resistant to rust. If you are worried about installation, worry no more. They are easy to install, and well nuts make the grip very firm and completely watertight. These well-nuts also absorb noise, dampens vibration and shock, and prevent galvanic erosion. What other better deal, yet these well nuts come with the pad eyes?
1. Well-nuts- this package includes well-nuts that will absorb noise and prevent galvanic erosion. It also ensures 100% watertight.
2. Easy installation- you have to place the well-nut in a pre-drilled hole until it is firmly held and then screw in your pad eyes.
3. Wide use- these pad eyes can be applied in a variety of tasks. For instance, you are replacing or adding deck rigging to your kayak, canoe, or boat.
8. BOOM fishing MA1 kayak pad eye
You are in a position to customize how you want your kayak to look. You can use these pad eyes as attachment points for seats, tie-down points for accessory straps, and guides for rudder lines. Aluminum rivets have black powder coating and waterproof gaskets. They also have rubber washers that ensure they are watertight. The package comes with 12 sets of pad eyes with rivets that make installation easy and hold securely.
1. Firm grip- the rivets help ensure that the pad eyes are held down securely and can withstand a strong pulling force.
2. Wide use- the kayak pad eye kit can be used in various ways, for instance, attaching seats, leashes, and deck rigging for your kayak, boat, or canoe.
|Package dimensions(L×W×H)||9×5.5×0.4 inches|
9. AMARINE Made pack of 10
These AMARINE Made kayak pad eyes are solid and refined, and they are made of well-polished stainless steel. You can use it for both indoor and outdoor activities, for hanging kayaks on your ceiling, hanging shade sails on, and more. They are large and robust, allowing you to hook big bungee cords. Stainless steel makes them resistant to rust, and their strength ensures they can endure any force. This package contains ten pad eyes and 20 screws which both are made of stainless steel.
1. Easy to install- installing the kayak pad eyes needs you to decide where you want them placed and then fasten with screws.
2. Wide variety of uses- you can use these pad eyes to hang kayaks on the ceiling, hanging shade sails on, holding Christmas and Halloween decorations, and even as mounting points for patio festoon lights.
3. Stainless steel- both pad eyes and screws are made of stainless steel that makes them strong, durable, and corrosion-resistant.
|Package dimensions(L×W×H)||10.7×3.6×1.1 inches|
10. XYGOOD 10pcs nylon bungee deck loops
XYGOOD is made of nylon, making it of high quality, solid and durable, and does not crack easily. It is very light and easily portable due to its small size. It can be widely used indoors and outdoors for uses such as tent accessories, furniture, households goods, and paddles when kayaking. These pad eyes assemble quickly as you screw them into the position you want them, and with the help of bungee cords, hold your items. The package comes with ten kayak pad eyes and 20 stainless steel screws.
1. High-Quality Material- the pad eyes are made of solid and durable nylon that will not crack easily. The screws are made of stainless steel that makes them rust-resistant.
2. Application- you can use these pad eyes for canoeing, outdoor tent accessories, and furniture.
3. Easy To Carry- their small size will allow you to place them in a small bag and easily carry them wherever.
|Package dimensions(L×W×H)||4.5×3.5×0.6 inches|
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Best Kayak Pad Eyes
This section has compiled a list of questions that you may have regarding kayak pad eyes. We have also answered to the best of our ability to help you solve any dilemmas you might have.
1. What Is A Kayak Pad Eye?
A kayak pad eye is also known as a deck loop. Its size ranges from 1-½” across, and they can be used as attachment points for seats, deck rigging, and much more with the help of a bungee cord.
2. Are Nylon Pad Eyes Intense?
Yes, nylon pad eyes are strong and durable. They are resistant to abrasion and do not absorb water. They are also chemical resistant. If you are thinking about which material is the best for pad eyes, nylon has it.
3. What Are Pad Eyes Used For?
Pad eyes have broad applications and can be used for both indoor and outdoor activities. They can be used with anything that requires mounting or support. This may include Christmas and Halloween decorations, hanging items to the ceiling, deck rigging for your boat, canoe, or kayak, and more of such uses. You can, therefore, use them in any way you deem fit.
4. How Do You Put On Pad Eyes?
Pad eyes are pretty easy to install, and one thing with them is that you can uninstall them if need be. To put on pad eyes to whatever surface, you have to decide the location where you want it placed to personalize it in the best way possible. You will then drill a hole where your screws will go through. If you have well nuts, the better you will place them first to ensure that you have a firm fit and are 100% watertight. The next step is to place the pad eyes and drill in screws until tight enough.
We hope that this article has been educative for you. We expect that you are now in a position to at least choose a kayak pad eye that will satisfy your needs wholly. It would help if you remember the factors that we have discussed when buying to give you a better chance of getting the right fit. Our top pick is the RANDDER kayak pad eye kit. This kit comes with nylon pad eyes that are strong and durable, with mounting screws made of stainless steel. However, you are at liberty to choose one that suits your needs since all the pad eyes on our list are of stellar quality.
Briggs is from Chandler, Arizona, USA. Besides riding on his dirt bike on Grand Canyon – he loves fishing and often go kayaking in Colorado River with his best friends Mike. A cute dog named Ketty gives the company while Briggs kayaks alone.
Last update on 2021-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API