What Is A Modular Kayak?
Modular kayak is a different type of kayak that is also known as snap kayaks. This type of kayak can be taken apart and can be pieced together within minutes. This type of kayak is available solo and tandem. Moreover, you can also add an extra seat to make your solo modular kayak a tandem kayak. A modular kayak provides the stability and durability of a hardshell kayak as well as the flexibility and mobility of a folding kayak or inflatable kayak. Usually, people use modular kayaks for recreational purposes, fishing, and touring. Modular kayaks are available in various types that include solo, tandem, sit-on, and sit-in versions.
How To Find The Latest And Best Modular Kayaks With Ease
The narrow watercraft has been used for ages and was developed to hunt and fish in lakes, rivers, and other coastal waters. As time passed by, the people managed to reconstruct the boats and paddles. The designs kept on improving along with the stability, speed, and maneuverability. And this is exactly what the Modular Kayaks are for. These can easily be separated from one part to others, and joining them is easy.
The structure of the kayak depends primarily on the:
4. Beam Profile
5. Hull Surface
6. The seating position and contact points
The modern designs are developed and designed with the help of computerized technologies, and as such, the kayaks are incredibly different in performance from the traditional ones. The introduction of the latest modular kayaks has made the experience more fascinating. Numerous companies have launched their kayaks, and ascertaining the best modular kayaks requires a little research. All love the hybrid technology in kayaking and let’s figure the reasons out one by one.
Top 5 Modular Kayaks In 2021 (Best Picks)
In a hurry? Check the bestseller top Modular Kayaks from Amazon. Just check the product link, the details, and the price.
Key Features Related To Modular Kayak
Modular kayaks are different from regular kayaks. Below are the key aspects of the modular kayaks:
1. Type: the Modular kayak has a number of shapes and lengths according to the preference of the users. A few famous ones are Sit-on-top, sit-in, modular fishing, and hull shape.
2. Construction: the performance of a modular kayak depends on its construction method which might be Blow-molded, Roto-molded, or Thermoform.
3. Cushions: Many brands provide cushions in their models but not all. It definitely improves the comfort level of the users.
4. Bungee systems: The space to store additional stuff is possible with these systems. This increases the safety aspect of the kayak as well.
5. Footpegs: It provides support while paddling and is not a mandatory feature in the kayak. There are attached as well as adjustable Footpegs available.
6. Rod Holder: It may or may not be attached to the kayak purchased. It provides great convenience to the people who love fishing.
7. Handle And Grab Loops: These tools assist the users in kayaking. Though it is not mandatory with the purchase, it is highly recommended to purchase them and utilize them.
8. Structure: The best modular kayaks have individual pieces and can be dismantled or sorted again as per the convenience of the users.
9. Additional Features: The modular kayaks have different features like GPS mounts, drain function, speeds, etc. that people can pick from.
There is loads of confusion in the people on choosing the right kayak, no matter what the purpose is. They are often concerned that the product is expensive. In fact, in the long run, a modular kayak saves money, time and can be easily transported to the desired location of the players. Some infinite models accommodate a single person as well as a multi-person. Further, in the article, you will across the best modular kayaks in the market and the basic features that make them so popular.
A. Point 65 N Tequila- GTX Solo Modular Kayak
This model is a light weighted modular kayak that can be conveniently assembled by everyone. The quality and durability of the kayak undoubtedly make it one of the best modular kayaks. The people and enthusiasts have appreciated the performance of the kayak. The air seat is quite comfortable so that the kayaking adventures will become more entertaining. The tracking is available with the model, and the length is around 10 feet. It comes under a recreation sit-on-top boat.
• Practical: The Tequila- GTX Solo Modular kayak has solid performance and the handling is simple as well. No matter what the age or gender of the user is, the kayak is a practical option for people. It is quick to pack and unpack the kayak.
• Comfort: The kayak is durable as well as comfortable for single-user. The tracks and longer trips can be covered with the kayak with ease. The luxury of the kayak makes it safer and trouble-free. The comfort of the kayak can’t be denied.
• Limitations: The kayak has its own limitation when it comes to storage space. Those who love large spaces need to find other models.
B. Snap Kayaks Snap-On Top Solo
The solo kayak is around 8 feet 10 inches in length and 24.2 inches in width. The dimensions of the front and back sections are 55 inches, respectively. The total weight of this model is around 18 kgs and has a capacity of 100kgs. It has a spacious seating space with an excellent comfortable backrest. The watercraft can be dismantled into two sections with ease, and it is easy to transport the same to various places. The stability and tandem feature has garnered respect from the paddlers. It is one of the best modular kayaks available in the current times.
• Fit inside and outside: The front and back sections provide ample support and space to the users. The kayak fits well in a car when transported through dismantling it into distinct sections.
• Little Or No Water Seeps: The watercraft does not allow water to seep and is therefore loved by the users. It is easy to paddle without being affected by any water inside the craft.
• Availability: The kayak is surely a good buy but the availability is low. The user has to order and wait for a long to acquire the model.
C. Point 65 N Tequila- GTX Tandem Angler Modular Kayak
No products found.
This model is durable and quite light-weighted. It is around 13 feet and 8 inches in size and is amazing in physical looks. The users have reviewed this model as the best modular kayaks available for fishing. It is integrated with the Snap-tap system which makes it easy to dismantle and assemble the same within a few seconds. It is good for stability and safety. The weight capacity of the kayak is around 300 pounds and it is available with two-rod holders. The comfortable AIR seat is one of the most exceptional features of the kayak and is loved by users.
• Easy to carry: The 14 feet kayak easily fits into any car and is easy to transport anywhere. It is definitely convenient to carry it along with the user because of its lightweight.
• Reassembling: It has got one of the easiest reassembling and takes only a few seconds. It can be done by beginners as well in no time.
• Pump Bulb: The pump bulb is loosely attached and is a cause of concern for the users. It comes out easily and is difficult to manage.
D. Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Kayak
It is a modular inflatable kayak. This model has built-in aluminum ribs that assist in tracking. It is puncture resistant with three layers of material. The assembling is quite simple and requires unfolding, inflating, and attaching the seat. The users highly rate it due to the great support and adjustable padded seat of the kayak. This helps the customers in comfort while paddling even for hours. The portability is effortless because of the inflatable feature. Though being lightly weighted, it has multiple air chambers and multi-layer construction.
• Tested: The kayak is appropriately inspected, pre-assembled, and is properly pressure tested by the developers. The packaged product is then made available to the customers.
• Multi-purpose: The inflatable kayak can be used for multiple activities and is puncture resistant due to the multiple chambers and layers.
• Solo Kayak: The kayak is best for solo usage and with two men there are troubles in proper functioning.
E. Point 65 Martini Kayak
This model is just below 10 feet in length and has a width of 27.6 inches. It is a light-weighted kayak with a weight of 48.5 pounds. The weight capacity it can bear is about 265 pounds. It is one of the most successful and best modular kayaks available. The kayak has two hatches that help in storage and is great for fishing tours. There are two sections and with the help of tandem, the user can easily accommodate one more person. The cockpit is padded and designed in a very spacious way.
• High-performance: The model is equipped with midsection and tandem that allow it to perform particularly better than most kayaks. They are comfortable for the users and one can spend the whole day without any troubles.
• Easy entry and exit: The cockpit is designed that the paddler can comfortably enter or exit.
• It is not available in many parts of the world and the people have to import it paying more costs.
Why Use A Modular Kayak?
There are many reasons you can use a modular kayak. They are:
1. A modular kayak provides an easy way to add a mid-section to the kayak and lets you accommodate an additional paddler.
2. A modular kayak doesn’t need a roof rack to carry it around. You can easily take apart every part of the kayak and store it in the back of the vehicle which is very convenient.
3. When storing a modular kayak you don’t have to worry about having a garage or large storage space. You can easily store a modular kayak in smaller spaces like the closet, under the bed, etc.
4. Modular kayaks provide excellent portability as you can easily carry the pieces when on your own because the weight and length are equally distributed across the pieces.
5. A modular kayak is a money-saving option for many kayakers as they don’t have to buy a solo and a tandem kayak separately.
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using A Modular Kayak?
A modular kayak model’s configurations are designed to provide specific benefits to the kayaker who is using the vessel. So a modular kayak has some core advantages as well as disadvantages.
Advantages: Many people become confused between a folding kayak and a modular kayak. But modular kayak uses a completely separate type and this type of kayak is less expensive compared to other types of kayak.
For a modular kayak, you have to attach and detach the parts so that you can store different parts in different places according to your preference, which is a big advantage of a modular kayak.
Moreover, another key advantage of a modular kayak is the size can be adapted to anything according to your needs. Modular kayaks have sections that you can add or remove according to your requirements. So a modular kayak is very flexible and you can add an extra part to provide accommodation to extra people.
Disadvantages: One of the biggest disadvantages of a modular kayak is; it takes a significant amount of time to assemble and disassemble the parts. Another key disadvantage of a modular kayak is; some modular kayak models will cost you a lot compared to other types of kayaks because of the relatively advanced design, material, and build quality.
Moreover, you may find it a bit difficult to keep your modular kayak in tip-top condition because of the constant friction during assembly. So modular kayaks require additional maintenance compared to other kayaks.
Lackage of a proper drainage system is another major concern of Modular kayaks.
Overall the above is the best modular kayaks available for the customers. These are available online as well, and people can check for discounts that are available on various websites and portals regularly. Make your trips more adventurous by selecting the best watercraft. If you are thinking of kayaking and are still thinking about the best ones, the article must have surely given you a good idea of the same.
Last update on 2021-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API