BOTE has a new model of inflatable kayak, which is the zeppelin aero. This kayak is built with versatility in mind and can be used as a solo or tandem kayak. The kayak has a stable platform that can support up to 600 pounds. This weight capacity is ideal for paddlers who carry lots of stuff for their adventures and can support two adult paddlers without feeling the weight.
- The BOTE Zeppelin aero kayak is an ideal choice for both beginner and expert paddlers
- If you are looking for a versatile solo and tandem kayak that’s easy to inflate then this kayak will be an excellent option for you
- The price of the BOTE zeppelin aero kayak is $1,099 and it is a very reasonable price if you consider the quality and features of this kayak
- Unlike any kayak, the BOTE Zeppelin aero kayak has a Magnepod magnetic base so, you don’t have to worry about your beverage toppling over even when kayaking in pretty rough waters
- The deck pad of this kayak has anti-slip traction and provides enough cushion to prevent fatigue
If you are looking for a versatile inflatable kayak that is also easy to maneuver, we highly recommend the BOTE zeppelin aero kayak. But don’t take our word for it; take your time to go through this comprehensive review first. We will give you a glimpse of the kayak’s features, strengths, and weaknesses to help you decide whether it fits your needs.
What Is The BOTE Zeppelin Aero Inflatable Kayak?
The zeppelin aero is the latest inflatable kayak from BOTE, and it doesn’t come to play in matters of performance. The kayak is incredibly versatile and is designed to handle both solo and tandem kayaking. This kayak is easy to inflate and has a weight capacity of 600 pounds to ensure you enjoy your adventure with a friend and all the gear you need. Beginner paddlers, as well as experts, can use the kayak.
Who Is BOTE Zeppelin Aero Kayak For?
1. Beginner And Expert Paddlers-The BOTE Zeppelin aero kayak is an ideal choice for paddlers of all skill levels. It is stable enough for beginners and versatile for intermediate and expert paddlers.
2. Campers And Travelers– The kayak is lightweight and easy to carry to and from the water; this makes it an excellent option for paddlers looking for a highly portable kayak. The kayak is compact when deflated, and you can carry it along with you for your camping and other travel adventures. It also comes with a roller travel bag that is fit for public transport or small cars. Most airlines can also check it as luggage.
3. Those interested in a versatile solo and tandem kayak that’s easy to inflate
4. Experts looking for an inflatable kayak that can handle fast-moving rivers
How Much Does The BOTE Zeppelin Aero Kayak Cost?
The BOTE zeppelin Aero kayak costs $1,099. The package includes; one inflatable kayak, one 5-piece adjustable kayak paddle, one paddle seat, a travel bag, a hand pump, one detachable 6-inch fin, and a pair of aero Rac receivers.
Features Of The BOTE Zeppelin Aero Kayak
With the zeppelin kayak comes a lot of remarkable features that will meet and exceed your expectations. Everything on this kayak looks well thought through to make your adventure worthwhile. Let’s have a look at these features in detail;
1. It Has A Magnepod Magnetic Base That Secures Your Beverage Safely
The magnet pod magnetic base is a revolutionary and tool-less system that secures your BOTE magnetic drinkware with ease. You won’t have to worry about your beverage toppling over even when kayaking in pretty rough waters. You can also attach other metallic or magnetic objects to the base.
2. Features Slide-In RAC Receivers For Mounting Your Favorite Accessories
You can use the RAC receivers for installing a bucket RAC when paddling in solo mode. Kindly note that the bucket Rac isn’t included, and you’ll have to purchase one separately.
3. Features A Self-draining Cockpit That Drains Unwanted Water Through The Stern
The kayak utilizes momentum and gravity to drain any water that gets into the cockpit through the stern. This feature will come in handy when paddling in whitewater since you don’t have to stop and drain the cockpit.
4. It Has An AeroBOTE Construction With 9” Side Chambers And A Removable Floor
This type of construction makes the kayak stable enough for tandem and single-use. The kayak also has a weight capacity of 600 lb., which is enough for two paddlers and their gear.
5. Has cooler tie-down points on the deck pad that you can use for your gear or a cooler. It also has adjustable bungee straps for extra storage. With this kayak, storing your equipment will be effortless and enjoyable.
6. The Deck Pad Is Made Of Multi-textured BVA And Is Heat-sealed To Shed Water
This deck pad has anti-slip traction and provides enough cushion to prevent fatigue.
7. The Bow And Stern Have Comfortable Grab Handles For Ease Of Transporting The Kayak
If you’ve experienced numb fingers after transporting an inflatable kayak to and from the water, then you understand how crucial comfortable handles are. The zeppelin aero is made for comfort and ease of transporting.
8. It Comes With A Dual-action Pump For Fast Inflation
Inflating this kayak will take you 10 minutes or less; the sides are the easiest to inflate since they don’t need much air pressure. The removable floor takes about 7 minutes to inflate since it requires 10-15 PSI.
9. Has Hook-And-Loop Straps That Allow Safe Securing Of Paddles And Other Equipment
10. Tandem Compatible
This kayak comes with one seat but has enough space for an extra seat. It is comfortable for tandem paddling and has enough weight capacity for two adult paddlers and their gear.
11. Includes a roller travel bag that makes it easy to transport the kayak in small vehicles or public transport
12. Comes with an inflatable aero paddle seat, one travel bag with rollers, one hand pump, a detachable fin, and a pair of aero rac receivers.
13. The inflation and deflation port are compatible with most high-pressure pumps
Specifications Of The BOTE Zeppelin Aero Inflatable Kayak
|Used for||Flatwater kayaking|
|material||Drop stitch PVC|
|Deflated weight||41 pounds|
|Max weight capacity||600 lbs.|
|Tracking system||Tracking fin|
How Does BOTE Zeppelin Aero Perform On The Water?
When choosing an inflatable kayak, you need to gauge its performance on the water by how stable it is, its maneuverability and tracking, and the overall comfort of the user. This section shares the zeppelin Aero’s performance based on our experience and reviews from other paddlers.
This kayak is amongst the most comfortable inflatable kayaks we have come across. Not only is it made with high-quality materials that make you feel safe on the water, but it also has accessories you never knew you needed. It has a magnetic cup holder to secure your beverage as you paddle and numerous storage options for your gear. The kayak comes with inflatable seats that are comfortable throughout the trip to ensure you are not fatigued. The zeppelin aero delivers when it comes to comfort.
Maneuverability And Tracking
Most inflatable kayaks struggle with maneuverability; the BOTE zeppelin aero kayak has excellent maneuverability, especially in calm waters. We noticed the kayak would struggle in white water conditions but is perfect on flat water. The kayak, however, has outstanding tracking, and even beginners will have an easy time maintaining a straight and steady line in the water. The tracking of this kayak can be attributed to the keel guard on the underside of the kayak and its 12 feet length.
The keel guard breaks the water and leads to faster speeds and more efficient paddling. The kayak also has two permanent side fins and a clip-in center fin that improve stability by reducing rocking.
The zeppelin aero kayak is incredibly stable and ideal for heavy paddlers and beginners learning to paddle on lakes, rivers, and oceans. It has a 3-chamber construction that contributes to the vessel’s stability. We noticed you could stand on the kayak with ease without toppling over.
Strengths Of The BOTE Zeppelin Aero Inflatable kayak
1. Extraordinarily versatile and supports solo and tandem kayaking
2. Has a triple chamber that is easy to inflate and makes the vessel stable
3. Has drain holes that keep the cockpit dry as you paddle
4. Comes with multiple accessories and mounts to make your adventure comfortable
5. Comes with a roller bag for ease of transport
6. Offers better durability thanks to the fused aero construction
7. Weight capacity of 600 lbs. is sufficient for two adult paddlers and their gear
8. Has a two-year warranty
Weaknesses Of The BOTE Zeppelin Aero Inflatable Kayak
1. Solo paddling requires more effort than tandem paddling
2. Only one magnetic beverage holder; should be two or more
3. The draining system works slower when the kayak is not in motion
If you are looking for a stable and versatile kayak to enjoy the water with a friend or solo, we confidently recommend the BOTE zeppelin aero inflatable kayak. With this vessel, you are guaranteed to get value for your money. The kayak is durable, and you will have it for years to come. As you’ve seen, you will get high-end features that will make your adventure even more enjoyable. We hope that this review will help you decide whether the zeppelin aero is worth your money and if it will fit your needs.
Rockey is a kayaking enthusiast who has been kayaking with a local group for the last five years. He loves using kayaks while out on outings on the water or camping when the friends want to have a BBQ party somewhere on the bank of a local lake. More About James R Rockey at About Page Here: Authors
Based on his experiences with the different types of kayaks, he is sharing his opinion about kayaking tricks and required gears so that a beginner can get started right away.
Find his team on Twitter here. Happy reading!
Last update on 2023-06-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API