The Brooklyn kayak company prides itself in manufacturing the best high-value kayaks for a great aquatic adventure for fishers, outdoors people, and families. Their kayaks are pretty affordable and have features you would only expect to find on expensive high-end models. Some popular Brooklyn kayaks are BKC SK287 Angler Touring Kayak, BKC TK122 Angler 12-foot, 8 Inch kayak, BKC PK13 Angler 13-foot Sit On Top kayak, etc.
- Though, BKC manufacturers their watercraft in china their commerce platform is based in Brooklyn, New York
- BKC SK287 Angler Touring Kayak is a very popular kayak among the solo paddler who wants speed when sailing through all water conditions
- The BKC TK122 Angler Tandem Sit-On-Top Fishing Kayak has a flat-bottomed hull making it great for trolling, casting, and relaxing regardless of the water conditions
- BKC PK14 Angler 14-foot Sit On Top Tandem Fishing Kayak is designed for stability and speed
How Brooklyn Kayak Company(BKC) Came To Be
Brooklyn kayak company was inspired and designed in Brooklyn, New york. The company founders were inspired by their unsuccessful search for a kayak designed with the user in mind and fitted an everyday budget. They wanted a kayak with rod holders and paddle park standard and not as an aftermarket accessory, one that was sturdy enough for tandem and single paddlers and one that would last for years. Since they couldn’t find such a kayak initially, they took on the challenge and started building them.
Brooklyn kayak company makes kayaks with the end-user in mind making them perfect for any adventure on the water. Some of the outstanding features of these kayaks include a built-in waterproof storage compartment, seats, and paddles that come with each purchase and high-quality hull material. BKC kayaks have everything you might need in a watercraft, and the best part is that they are reasonably priced.
Frequently Asked Questions On Brooklyn Kayaks
In this section, we answer some common questions regarding the BKC brand to answer any questions you might have.
1. Where Are Brooklyn Kayaks Manufactured?
BKC manufactures its watercraft in china, but the e-commerce company was established and is based in Brooklyn, New York.
2. Does BKC Have Locations Where They Display Their Kayaks?
No. the company is purely online at the moment, and it doesn’t offer a physical location where you can see the kayaks. However, they have a 14- day return policy that allows you to send back the watercraft if you don’t like it.
3. Can I Remove The Pedal Systems From My Propeller-Driven BKC Kayak?
Yes, you can choose to remove the pedal system from the hull and use the kayak as a paddle vessel. You can also choose to raise the pedals temporarily when avoiding shallow obstacles or during beach launches.
4. Can I Use BKC Kayaks In Saltwater?
Yes, the kayaks are made from high-quality hull material: high-density polyethylene which makes them corrosion-resistant. However, it is advisable to rinse the kayak in fresh water after using saltwater to reduce the build-up of mineral deposits.
5. Can A Solo Paddler Use A Tandem Kayak?
Yes, all the kayaks can be used by a single paddler sitting at the rear position. The adjustable seats and removable pedals on propeller models make this possible and effortless.
Review Of Our Top 5 BKC Kayaks
In this section, we take you through the features and fine details of our favorite BKC kayak. If you are looking to buy this brand, look through our list, and you will find a kayak that matches your needs and preference.
1. BKC SK287 Angler Touring Kayak
No products found.
We recommend this kayak for any solo paddler who wants speed when sailing through all water conditions. You can use the kayak on lakes, seas, and oceans, perfect for both still and choppy waters. The kayak design was inspired by kayaks that have been plying Arctic waters for thousands of years. The kayak has a weight capacity of 330 lbs, and its cockpit has enough space for any adult user. This kayak features dual water-resistant storage hatches that can accommodate enough supplies for an extended outing. The BKC SK287 has a pedal system that makes steering effortless and comes with a collapsible paddle that helps propel your watercraft at high speed.
1. The hull is made from rotomolded high-density polyethylene, which is UV protected. This makes the kayak extra durable even with daily use: you can make the kayak your go-to for all-year, all-weather use.
2. It comes with flush-mount paddle holders that help with trolling and still fishing. You can also use them to keep your fishing poles out of the way as you paddle
3. It has dual-storage hatches which are water-resistant and a cargo area featuring bungee tie-downs for securing your supplies
|Hull weight||44 pounds|
|Hull material||High-density polyethylene|
|warranty||Hull: 5 years, parts: 1 year|
|Package includes||Internal seat, 2-rod holders, one collapsible paddle, two watertight storage compartments|
2. BKC TK122 Angler 12-foot, 8 Inch Tandem Sit On Top Fishing Kayak
No products found.
This is your best bet for any angler or kayaker looking for versatility in a tandem kayak. The kayak is well-designed for angling and can be used by professional fishermen, it is also great for recreation, and you can use it for those family outings on the water. The BKC TK122 cruiser tandem has a flat-bottomed hull making it great for trolling, casting, and relaxing regardless of the water conditions. This kayak was built with all your needs in every situation in mind.
1. The kayak is a sit-on-top tandem kayak perfect for 2-3 people
2. Has soft padded kayak seats with adjustable straps for extra comfort
3. Designed to handle choppy and still water, making it great for fishing or recreation
4. Features watertight storage hatches to keep your stuff dry and secure
5. Has built-in rod mounts to keep your rods out of your way
|Hull weight||74 lbs|
|Package includes||Two seats, two paddles, four handles, two hatches, 4-rod holders, eight scupper plugs, one drain plug, one bungee tie-down, two paddle parks, four accessory rails|
Are you looking to kayak over long distances? If yes, then this BKC PK13 will make your adventures a breeze. The kayak has a built-in trolling motor that works together with your paddle, allowing you to go for miles on the water with ease. The kayak was designed for long days on the water to slice through still and choppy water the same way. The kayak has massive storage to keep you comfortable even if you go for days on the water. It has two sealed hatches, a large cargo area, and tie-down straps at the bow. The watercraft has rod holders to keep your lines in the water hands-free and keep the pole away when you’re cruising.
1. It has an extra-long and narrow hull that is designed for covering long distances with the help of a built-in motor
2. Has adequate storage space at the front for all your essentials, supplies, and catches
3. It is ideal for fishing since it has three fishing rod holders, an adjustable seat for comfort, and superior stability.
4. Features a hand-operated rudder that gives you control over steering in any water condition
|Hull weight||88 pounds|
|Includes||Built-in trolling motor, 3-rod holders, seat, four handles, paddle, two hatches, two bungee tie-downs, drain plugs, cupholder, paddle park|
4. BKC TK181 Angler 12-foot, 8 inches Tandem 2 or 3 Person Sit On Top Fishing Kayak
No products found.
This BKC TK181 is the adventure-ready sit-on-top tandem kayak you have been looking for. The kayak is versatile and can be used on both still and choppy waters for various activities. This kayak can support lots of weight with space for accommodating more than enough gear. It has a 34-inch beam that makes it stable enough to keep you balanced even in the roughest water conditions. You can never go wrong with this tandem kayak.
1. It has enough space for all your gear and enough weight capacity to support the weight.
2. Has stability and tracking to keep you balanced regardless of the wind or water conditions
3. Great for both solo and tandem adventures
4. It has three adjustable rod holders and four flush-mount rod- holders to give you an edge when angling
5. It has eight scupper holes that ensure any water that splashes into the kayak drains fast
|Hull weight||68 lbs|
|Package includes||Two seats, two paddles, four handles, two hatches, 7-rod holders, eight scupper plugs, one drain plug, two paddle parks, one bungee tie-down|
5. BKC PK14 Angler 14-foot Sit On Top Tandem Fishing Kayak
No products found.
imagine enjoying your next water adventure on a two-person twin-propeller tandem kayak as you cruise through any waters engaging in your favorite activity. This kayak gives you that it was designed for stability, speed, and making great memories. You can also enjoy this tandem kayak as a solo kayaker without compromising on speed or comfort. The kayak features ample storage and three flushes mounted fishing rod holders. You can use this vessel for short excursions, fishing, or multi-day camping trips.
1. Designed for great memories due to its speed, stability, and comfort
2. Ideal for tandem and solo kayaking
3. Has adequate storage for all your gear and essentials
|Hull weight||95 lbs|
|Weight capacity||670 lbs|
|Package includes||Two instant reverse pedal systems, two seats, two paddles, three hatches, four handles, 3-rod holders, one drain plug|
BKC kayaks are worth every penny you spend on them; they are designed with the user in mind having everything you might need in a kayak. These kayaks are also quite affordable compared to their counterparts, making them an excellent choice. We recommend kayaks for their functionality and durability. Get yourself a BKC kayak and enjoy immense value for your money.
Rockey is a kayaking enthusiast who has been kayaking with a local group for the last five years. He loves using kayaks while out on outings on the water or camping when the friends want to have a BBQ party somewhere on the bank of a local lake. More About James R Rockey at About Page Here: Authors
Based on his experiences with the different types of kayaks, he is sharing his opinion about kayaking tricks and required gears so that a beginner can get started right away.
Find his team on Twitter here. Happy reading!
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API