For anyone looking forward to having a good time, Kayaking is the perfect sport. It has proved to be an exciting sport as people from all walks of life have become captivated by it. You can do it as a fun activity, competitive sport, or even a hobby with friends and family on holidays. In this article, everything you need to know about Kayaking is explained in detail from what it entails, the experience, and the various benefits of Kayaking. Read on to get enlightened.
Yes. If you are a kayaker, you can tell that it is a low-impact workout to improve your flexibility, strength, and aerobic fitness. Kayaking has numerous benefits from athletic, mental, and health benefits. Whether it is just for peace and serenity or exhilaration, Kayaking is fun and worth trying.
Are you in search of a sport that will recover both your mental and physical health, as well as make you get out of the house more often?
Kayaking is a great way to work out and get the heart rate up. It’s also an excellent activity for people who have a hard time getting in physical exercise.
The intensity of kayaking depends on how you do it. You can either take it easy or you can get your heart rate up by paddling as fast as possible. Many people also enjoy paddling around lakes, rivers, and even ocean waves.
Kayaking is not just about the workout; it’s also about the experience of being outdoors, exercising alongside nature, and getting to see new things!
13 Reasons Of Why Kayaking Is A Good Workout
Kayaking offers a workout that many people have trouble with. It is a low-impact activity that offers a cardio workout at the same time. These benefits can help you meet your fitness goals, even if you don’t have time to work out in the gym.
It is a form of cardio, which means it will help you work out your heart and lungs. It also helps to build muscle that will build up your core and improve the overall strength of the lower body.
Today We Have Enlisted 13 Reasons Why Kayaking Is A Good Workout:
1. It will help you build muscle and improve your balance, agility, and coordination
2. It can help you improve your cardiovascular health by increasing heart rate and breathing rate
3. It can help you burn calories faster than other activities such as walking or cycling
4. It will enhance the cardio in your workouts because of the high heart rate
5. It’s a low-impact activity
6. You don’t need any equipment to get started. No need for expensive equipment, just use your body weight
7. You don’t need to be an experienced kayaker
8. A trip out on the water can be relaxing
9. Be in touch with nature (so mental health improves a lot)
10. Be able to experience different types of landscapes (green scenery improves eye-sights)
11. You can get aerobic exercise in both cool and warm water.
12. You can burn up to 400 calories in one hour.
13. It’s easy to learn, even if you’ve never paddled before.
Note: There are some dangers involved with kayaking that you should consider before beginning. These include potential injury, exhaustion, and drowning if you fall off your paddle boat while out on the water.
Reasons For Trying Out Kayaking As A Water Sport
1. You’ll have somewhere to turn to in summer for good relief from the scorching sun and cool everything inside you.
2. It’s a good activity for a romantic get-together for couples. In your life, you get to spend quality time together with your special partner while kayaking.
3. It is an all-time sport that doesn’t discriminate and reaches across generational lines. You can also enjoy it regardless of age.
4. As the saying goes, even a bad kayaking day is better than a good day at work; it offers a stress-free relief that is incomparable. If you’re looking forward to a good relaxation, you better try it out.
5. It enhances friendship and builds camaraderie from the bond of fellow kayakers. You should consider this sport whether you’re just hanging out as friends or sharing a competitive streak.
6. It is such great fun paddling a kayak if you’ve never tried it.
7. Compared to other activities, it offers you the ability to get close to nature. You’ll be able to see sights that are easily reached by a small percentage of the populace.
8. There’s a probability of unrestricted adventure in all kayaking environments, whether you’re exploring the island crevices or kayaking off a 20-foot waterfall.
9. Besides drifting up in a kayak, there’s no quieter way to access the inaccessible fishing holes. It is a part of another activity as it enhances and facilitates many other activities like complementing a weekend camping trip.
Benefits Of Kayaking
Are you aware that you can go Kayaking to improve your mental and physical health? Read on to discover how it’ll help aside from the obvious fun and enjoyment it offers.
|Mental Health Benefits Of Kayaking:||Physical Health Benefits Of Kayaking:|
|Allows time for self-reflection: You’ll get time to reconnect and reflect on yourself when you do it solo. All alone, you’ll have fun focusing on yourself while at the same time exploring. If you like meditating, this is the perfect activity with the perfect setting.||Fortifies your core muscles: During this workout, your lower back, obliques, and abdomen will be engaged. The muscles will contract on the lower back as you pull while your abs contract as you reach forward in every stroke. You then engage your obliques when you make any twisting motion. You’ll keep your muscles slightly engaged throughout the activity by keeping the kayak balanced and sitting upright.|
|Socializing and bonding: This makes it easy for everyone to start learning, Kayaking doesn’t entail any complicated concepts or instructions. You can share an enjoyable and memorable experience by asking any of your friends or family members to join you.||Develops the health of the heart: As a cardiac exercise, Kayaking improves the efficiency of the heart to pump blood. It increases your heart rate to a healthy level by increasing the number of blood cells in the body and efficient circulation. You’ll have a healthy and sturdy heart if you consistently kayak.|
|Improves your memory: It helps the brain stay healthy by being more active and regularly exercising. Raising the number of new brain cells, Kayaking consistently stimulates the growth of new red blood cells.||Develop toned legs: Kayaking has a significant effect on your arms and legs, although the benefits may be more evident on the shoulders, arms, and upper back. To keep you balanced on the kayak, your legs apply the needed pressure as you tighten and loosen the leg muscles, alternatively, countless times when you’re trying to maneuver or turn.|
|Reduces stress: That may be associated with various illnesses and exacerbate any existing medical condition you may have, stress is a huge factor in managing a mental illness. Kayaking provides you the same stress-relieving benefit, similar to how physical exercise helps in reducing stress.||Attain your perfect body weight: If you consistently kayak, you’ll be able to burn some calories and shed some weight. You can get your ideal weight by just allocating a few afternoons in a week for Kayaking if weight loss is one of your goals.|
|Develops your focus: When you exercise by Kayaking, neurotransmitters such as serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine are released, improving your focus and attention.||Upsurges your strength: You can withstand longer periods of effort without getting exhausted, and your stamina will be improved. Kayaking increases the amount of energy you can spend on your daily activities and enable you to do the activity longer.|
|Quality sleep: You’ll fall asleep much faster when you kayak during the day and get exhausted. The quality of your sleep will be improved, and you’ll stay longer in a deep sleep throughout the night, as you expend all the energy you have during the day.||Stimulates Vitamin D in your body: To produce Vitamin D, Kayaking exposes you to the sun to exhibit its effects on the body. In our system, we have the inactive form of the vitamin, and we can also get it from some food like cheese, beef liver, fatty fish, and others.|
What are the basic requirements to get on Kayaking Workout?
Depending on the paddling you plan and the waterway demands, the exact requirements of a full kayaking kit may differ. But be sure to carry the following with you as you set out for the adventure;
1. A kayak
2. Two paddles, one as a spare, of course
3. Blige pump
4. Personal floatation devices such as a jacket or vest
5. A headlamp with spare batteries
6. A spray deck for keeping the water away from the craft
7. Suitable clothing
8. Helmet and a wetsuit
After reading through all the information in this article, you’re now set to enjoy your first experience. But if you’ve ever gone Kayaking before, make sure you have adequate skills for Kayaking if you’re opting for the solo adventure. Stay safe and enjoy!
NUS is a kayaking enthusiast who has been kayaking with a local group for the last five years. He loves using kayaks while out on outings on the water or camping when the friends want to have a BBQ party somewhere on the bank of a local lake.
Based on his experiences with the different types of kayaks, he is sharing his opinion about kayaking tricks and required gears so that a beginner can get started right away.
Find his team on Twitter here. Happy reading!