Pelican Maxim 100X sit-in recreational kayak is an all-around vessel for beginner and intermediate paddlers and has a solid performance to suit your needs. You can use this kayak on lakes and calm rivers for unlimited hours of fun. It is ideal for a stable and relaxed kayaking experience in both the cool and warm seasons. The Pelican Maxim 100X is slight and easy to carry to and from the water body, weighing only 39 lb. Additionally, it is designed specifically for the average paddler to have the best kayaking experience as they explore the waters.
- The Pelican maxim 100X has a shallow V Chine hull and an adjustable padded seat, and molded footrests for improved comfort
- The Pelican Maxim 100X kayak is an excellent option for both beginners and intermediaries
- This kayak has molded footrests, and a drain plug to prevent water infiltration which is very convenient
- This kayak is made through twin sheet thermoforming (TST), so it will improve boat’s structural rigidity and makes the kayak last for years
What Is The Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak?
The Pelican maxim 100X is a one-person, sit-in recreational kayak that is responsive and easy to control, thus providing excellent performance and steadiness. The kayaks have a shallow V Chine hull and an adjustable padded seat, and molded footrests for improved comfort. The kayak features a storage hatch on the stern and a bungee to help store all your gear. The kayaks are durable and lightweight, thanks to the high molecular weight polyethylene material. This article takes you through more of the pelican maxim’s features to help you have a better glimpse of this kayak.
Who Are Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak Users?
Everyone can comfortably make use of this kayak, regardless of their different paddling skill levels. Most particularly, beginners and intermediaries can take their experiences to the next level without any limitations.
How Much Does It Cost?
The Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak is available at $870.98 from Amazon. You can also get it from stores that sell kayaks or buy them online. The amount is reasonable if you want to have an excellent kayaking adventure with a superior-quality vessel.
Features Of The Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak:
1. Lightweight And Easily Portable
2. Ample Storage
This kayak features a storage hatch with bungee cords and a storage platform with a mesh deck cover to store all the gear you need for your water adventure.
3. Stability And Maneuverability
The shallow V Chine hull design makes the kayak stable and also contributes to its maneuverability. The kayak also has excellent tracking making it ideal for covering long distances using minimal force.
Pelican outdid themselves when designing this kayak for comfort. It features an adjustable Ergoform backrest with a seat cushion, Molded footrests, and a drain plug to prevent water infiltration. It also has a bottle holder on the cockpit to comfortably hold your beverage in place as you paddle
5. Superior Construction
This kayak is designed for durability, rigidity, and strength thanks to its superior construction and high-quality materials. The kayak is made through a process known as twin sheet thermoforming (TST), which involves fusing the deck and hull under extreme heat and pressure. This process improves the boat’s structural rigidity and makes the kayak last for years. It also has three layers; the first layer has vibrant colors and is UV resistant with improved scratch resistance. The second layer is made from 95% recycled high-density plastic. The third layer is meant for extra stiffness and durability. The material of this boat is also exceptionally durable and highly resistant to impact and breakage. It is made from high molecular weight polyethylene (HMWPE). With this vessel, you are sure of its durability.
Specifications Of A Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak:
|Type of water||Lakes and calm rivers|
|User-level||Beginner and intermediate|
|Maximum capacity||275 lbs|
|Item Dimensions||120 by 28.5 by 13 inches|
|Available Colors||Yellow or white|
Strengths Of A Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak:
The Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak has its strengths and weaknesses, similar to any other product you can think of. Take a look at some of the powers they possess:
1. Strong and durable due to its quality construction and high-quality material.
2. The kayak is easy to use; you will have no trouble getting in and out of the kayak. It is also stable on the water with excellent tracking.
3. Great Stability: You will have a safe and steady ride from the twin-arched multi-chine hull. The excellent stability is effortlessly achieved to enable you to have a memorable experience on the water.
4. Tracking: The Pelican Maxim 100X is a great kayak that uses minimum force, and at the same time covers a reasonable distance.
5. The seat cushion is very comfortable with a large and spacious cockpit.
6. Agile: You can count on the Pelican Maxim 100X kayak for excellent maneuverability when out on the water.
7. Speed: You will get a good return of effort with a decent speed on your kayaking experience.
Convinced and Looking forward to buying this kayak? Here you go:
Weakness Of A Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak:
There are several negative aspects of the kayak. They include:-
1. The storage hatch is not waterproof. However, most kayakers are not afraid of getting their stuff wet while out kayaking.
2. The purchase does not include its accessories.
3. It has no rod holders when going out fishing in it.
The Pelican Maxim 100X Kayak is an optimal product preferred by many people due to its brilliant features. It is easy to use, especially if you are a beginner in the world of kayaking. The kayak also provides you with a significant amount of stability by tracking your paddle with ease.
After reading through this article to the end, I hope you have gotten answers to all your questions. You can proceed to make a final decision on whether or not you will purchase it, depending on your intended use. Finally, do not forget to consider all the advantages and disadvantages, especially if you are looking forward to making kayaking your hobby. Have fun!
Rockey is a kayaking enthusiast who has been kayaking with a local group for the last five years. He loves using kayaks while out on outings on the water or camping when the friends want to have a BBQ party somewhere on the bank of a local lake. More About James R Rockey at About Page Here: Authors
Based on his experiences with the different types of kayaks, he is sharing his opinion about kayaking tricks and required gears so that a beginner can get started right away.
Find his team on Twitter here. Happy reading!
Last update on 2021-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API