Are you wondering which kayak to buy and you are stuck? Do you have specific needs that you want your kayak to fulfill? Move with me through this article where we have one of the best kayaks reviewed. We have gone through the pros, cons, features, and specs just for you. This way it will be easy for you to pick out the features then to decide whether it is this one that you want.
This kayak has everything that you might be looking for, from extra buoyancy, primary and secondary stability, of course, no one wants to fall into the water unintentionally. The extra comfort will ensure you can stay out in the water for a long day. Why don’t you read on to see what you might be missing without this Perception prodigy 10 kayak?
1. It is easily portable since it weighs just 42lb.
2. The cockpit is easy to get into and out of.
3. It has good stability even in faster-moving water.
4. It is good for a beginner.
5. The cockpit is large allowing you to move about freely.
6. Easy to back paddle and turns quickly.
7. Comfortable due to the adjustable back and thigh rest.
8. Its small size makes it easy to paddle.
9. The price point is good for a beginner kayaker.
10. It is easy to get under control in case of wind.
11. It has good primary stability.
1. The cup holder is a little too close to the seat.
2. It has no bow floatation.
3. Hull material is less durable in comparison with previous models.
4. The seat is not very comfortable since it is not well padded.
5. Can’t be used in the ocean.
1. This kayak has an easily replaceable skid plate, letting you drag without fear of destroying it.
2. Generous storage including rear dry storage with a cover keeping your gear safe and easily accessible.
3. It has a bungee cord that secures your gear and keeps it within reach.
4. An adjustable seat, made with ergonomic padding maximizes comfort. The seatback can adjust forwards, backward, up, and down. You can also tilt-adjust the seat bottom to support your thighs.
5. It has convenient paddle storage to help when you want to rest your arms or do something else with them like fishing.
6. The hill is made of rigid polyethylene that makes using it for years without maintenance possible.
7. Leg padding along the cockpit adds to your comfort and support, enabling you to kayak for long hours.
8. It has a spacious cockpit which ensures that you can get on/off easily and your movement is not restricted. It also has leg padding for added comfort and floatation foam to increase buoyancy.
9. The optimized design makes it easy to carry. At just 42lbs you can easily carry it to the beach and loading it on/off your car is easy. The small size makes this even easier.
10. Adjustable footrests enable this kayak to accommodate kayakers of all sizes.
Perception Prodigy 10 Kayak specs
|Deck height||15.25 inches|
|Cockpit size||51×23 inches|
|Number of paddlers||1|
|Weight capacity||275 pounds|
1. Lightweight And Short.
We are sure that you will love to have a kayak that is lightweight and has a rigid body. Prodigy 10 will suit your weight demand, because it weighs 42lbs, meaning that it can even be carried by one person. Also lightweight will help you to transport it quickly to the water with ease. It has soft-grip handles on the bow and stern, that ensure you have a humble time when carrying it. Prodigy 10 has a shorter distance in length, which ensures that it maneuvers easily as you explore through the flat-waters rivers, lakes, and even ponds.
It’s everybody’s pleasure to have a kayak that will serve them for the longest time possible. Prodigy 10.0 kayak is made from a high-density polyethylene material that makes it to be very strong. This material helps it to be rigid and withstand hits from underwater obstacles such as rocks. If you are a recreational enthusiast, then prodigy 10 is best for you since it’s the most long-lasting kayak in the recreational kayak niche. In case of damage, you can repair this kayak easily. The stern skid plate also boots its durability.
3. Comfort While Paddling
Are you a long-distance paddler? Concerned with a comfortable kayak that will serve you right for the long time you are paddling? Don’t worry, here, we have something best for you, that will make your day joyous while paddling. Perception prodigy 10 kayak is what you need, it gives you the personal comfort that you need. It has the priority of keeping you comfortable as you take part in your activities on the water. It has a Zone DLX seating package fitted with knee and thigh pads and sliding foot braces that are adjustable to ensure that it gives you a maximum comfortable ride and the best efficient paddling possible.
4. Tracking And Stability
As a paddler, kayak with a high stability is what you mostly require while on waters. Prodigy 10 kayak will give you this as it sits lightly on the water making it easy to glide across the flat waters or the waves that are caused by the motorized boats. It has a width of 29.5″ that makes it easy to ride over any wake without fear of rolling, as it has built-in buoyancy. This stability and 10-foot design make it to be excellent for beginners to intermediates. The sit-in design lowers its center of gravity for increased stability. To add to that, it has a narrow fore and aft that allows this prodigy to have true tracking in calm water. It is perfect for photography and fishing. Also, beginners can use this kayak in light chop or wakes.
5. Weight-Bearing And Storage
Don’t be worried about the weight-bearing of this prodigy 10 as it can handle up to 275lbs. It has a water-tight stern hatch that is good for delicate gear. It also has enough space for additional storage that is under the stern deck rigging. This feature will only be found in prodigy 10 and not other bigger kayaks.
6. Low Price
You will consider purchasing a pocket-friendly kayak that will serve you to satisfaction than the expensive one that will perform the same function that can be done with a cheap kayak. Prodigy 10 is cheap and will not mess with your budget compared to other recreational kayaks that are rigid-bodied which will drain your pocket.
The price of the Prodigy 10 kayak keeps on fluctuating due to its features and upgrades that make it one of the best for recreation. Have a look at perceptionkayak.com to view the latest price.
Prodigy 10 comes in a variety of beautiful colors such as green, red and yellow. For us, yellow is the best choice but they come in different colors for a reason so take one that you prefer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are Perception Kayaks Good?
Perception kayaks have it all if you are looking to purchase one. They have dry storage for your gear, a bungee cord to keep what you need at hand’s reach, a comfortable and adjustable seat with adjustable footrests. They have extra buoyancy and nothing primary and secondary stability. So, yes, Perception kayaks are good and their value for money is too.
2. Is A Longer Kayak Better?
Longer kayaks track better and are faster in comparison to shorter ones. They are also easy to paddle and can carry heavier loads without affecting their performance. If you want a faster kayak then you can go for the Perception Prodigy 12.
3. Which Is Better A 10 Ft Or 12 Ft Kayak?
A 12 ft kayak is faster than a 10 ft kayak because the length to width ratio is larger. This will enable you to cover a large ground in a short time. A 10 ft kayak is more stable so this question will be answered by your needs. If you want to cover a long distance within a short time then the 12 ft will be better. If you want to maneuver easily then the shorter one will do the trick.
4. What Size Kayak Do I Need According To My Weight?
The right kayak for your weight is one that the maximum weight it can carry is 125 pounds more than your weight. Or you can reduce the maximum capacity by about 30-35%.
5. What Color Kayak Is The Safest?
You should go for brighter colors since they are more visible. This way, you will avoid collision with speeding power boaters. You will be visible faster in the dark in case of a rescue mission. This goes for what you choose to wear too when kayaking. Red and yellow are good since noticing them is easier.
As you have seen above, Perception Prodigy 10 Kayak has features that will do you good. You will have maximum comfort and stability even through long trips and this is what we all require when kayaking. If you can fit in this kayak then why not purchase it? It is one of the best with a low price so you will not have to dig too dip into your pocket.
Briggs is from Chandler, Arizona, USA. Besides riding on his dirt bike on Grand Canyon – he loves fishing and often go kayaking in Colorado River with his best friends Mike. A cute dog named Ketty gives the company while Briggs kayaks alone.