The Perception Prodigy Xs is the right choice if you are around 5’2″ and weigh less than 150 lbs. It is safe and playful on the water, in addition to being a low-cost sit-inside kayak. Perception built this kayak with much love and care to enable your little ones to grow their paddling ability. It offers comfort, performance, and confidence-building stability. With some more safety components added to the kayak, it integrates all of the features of the fully-sized prodigy model.
- Perception Prodigy Xs has all the features you’re looking for to upgrade your kayaking experience and make it memorable
- This is a very durable kayak and hull resistant to abrasions and UV rays
- This kayak has a spacious easy-entry cockpit with leg padding and there is floatation foam for added buoyancy
- With this kayak, you will have an excellent tracking experience thanks to the pointy bow tip and general spear-shaped line of the vessel
- Perception Prodigy Xs kayak has a comfortable seat with a tilt-adjusted bottom and thick padding for a comfortable kayaking experience
No products found.
Customer Rating By Features:
4.6 out of 5
1. Fast 4.6
2. Perfect size 4.6
3. Super lightweight 4.5
4. Comfortable 4.4
1. It is fast and stable on the water.
2. The paddling experience is secure.
3. The cockpit is open and spacious.
4. With ergonomic support, the seat is back-friendly.
5. It is hassle-free on the legs.
6. It can be used comfortably by paddlers of different heights.
7. It is durable and hull resistant to abrasions and UV rays.
8. Easy to carry as it is lightweight.
9. For extended excursions, it is very comfortable.
10. It is affordable.
1. It does not include a paddle when purchased.
2. Your dry belongings will lack storage space.
3. It is a bit constricted and might be slight for your kid.
1. For easy transport, it has front and rear comfort carry handles.
2. To secure gear within easy reach, the bungee cord lashes throughout the deck.
3. For relaxation and floatation foam for added buoyancy, it has a spacious easy-entry cockpit with leg padding.
4. For a perfect paddling position, the seat features thick padding and thick-adjust bottom.
5. Making it easy to drain, it has a removable plug on the back of the boat.
6. This boat is easy to carry at only 26 lbs, with its optimized design and construction.
7. For growth spurt adaptability, it has quick-adjust footrests.
8. Along the cockpit edge, it has leg padding for support and coziness.
9. Separately sold, it works well with the Perception Universal Paddle.
10. They are intended for ponds, calm coastal waters, slow-moving rivers, and lakes.
11. The entry and exit are stress-free.
|Type of sport||Kayaking, boating, and outdoor lifestyle|
|Type of water||Small lakes and slow rivers(Class I-II)|
|Cockpit type||Sit inside|
|Warranty||5-year limited warranty on hull and deck, and one year on parts and accessories|
Providing more fun with less frustration, the particularly low weight of Perception Prodigy Xs considerably moderates inertia in the water for smaller children. The paddler will reach a higher speed with fewer paddle strokes since it features a relatively narrow beam in length or width. Due to the pointy bow tip and general spear-shaped line of the vessel, the kayak’s tracking is remarkable. For young or small-framed paddlers, it offers performance with excellent safety and stability.
Deluxe Padded Seat:
You probably want a relaxed, enjoyable experience, and the Perception Prodigy Xs kayak has it all. It has a comfortable seat with a tilt-adjusted bottom and thick padding to find the perfect paddling position.
Using the company-specific one-piece rotational molding technology, Perception makes their kayaks from a proprietary High-Density Polyethylene material. The process involves pouring polyethylene beads into the mold for the material to fill up every nook and cranny, which gets heated up and rotated slowly. You then get a one-piece, leak-proof construction that is durable and completely rugged after the mold cools down.
It has flotation foam integrated into the bow for added safety, with the roomy cockpit making it easy for stress-free entry and exit. The leg padding on the cockpit rim works perfectly offering the comfort you will need.
Transportation is made easy through the front, and rear comfort carry handles. Being affordable, it is very compact and lightweight for easy transport and storage after your adventure. For effortless paddling, Perception Prodigy Xs is the best kayak for kids for it has a re-engineered seat and cockpit to protect the kids throughout their fun.
Be careful to ensure that your kid’s weight is lighter than the recommended weight rating from the manufacturer. For the kayak to perform well, the kid may need to grow a bit if that is the case. Go for a larger kids’ kayak if they are heavier. A full-size kayak is suitable for your kid once he outgrows it.
The Perception Prodigy Xs has objectively typical dimensions, although it is intended for children. You can easily mount it on a wall for storage or cartop it for transportation if you don’t have an oversized garage at home, for it merely weighs 26 lbs. Built for paddling, speed, and maneuverability, it doesn’t provide much storage with a limited weight capacity of 150 lbs.
Room To Grow:
For growing paddlers, the Perception Prodigy Xs has adaptive footrests that are quick and adjustable. Paddlers of different heights can also comfortably use this kayak through this added advantage. If you are either a beginner or an intermediate who wants a boat that makes paddling easy, this is the best choice. Giving you as a new paddler a boat that will grow with you as your skill progresses, it is also perfect for enjoying flat or slow-moving waters with its easy-turning design and exceptionally stable properties.
Safe And Comfortable:
Perception Prodigy Xs has a back-friendly seat with ergonomic support best-in-class and is easy on the legs, with a large open cockpit. It also enhances comfort throughout the day through its superior cushioning.
It is made from a one-piece construction that is leak-proof, with foam block built-in buoyancy. The hull identification number is a permanent U.S. Coast Guard with assured on-water security. It is very safe from the integrated floatation foam. Fitted with the premium outfitting not usually found on youth kayaks, kids will stay longer in this Prodigy Xs.
Made from the industry-leading rotational process of molding, it is hull resistant to abrasions and UV rays. It is also made from high-density proprietary polyethylene with colors and graphics that are wear-proof.
While still learning the basics, stability is very vital for your kid. Less prone to tip and flip, a wider kayak tends to be more stable. At the same time, having fun, and stability is idyllic for kids to provide comfort and safety. With a secure experience of paddling, it has a sturdy on-water feel and an easy entry or exit. Engineering and design are on a world-class level. To further enhance stability, the sit-in design lowers the kayak’s center of gravity and protects the paddler from foreign elements. A pontoon or double-hull is the stable hull design available in the market.
For five years from the date of the original purchase of the kayak, Perception kayaks are warranted against material or manufacturing defects in the hull and deck. Top-notch quality and after-sales support are, however, well guaranteed. But outfitting, accessories, and parts have a one-year warranty.
No products found.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
This segment aims at answering all the questions that might be unanswered in the other sections of this article. Read through to discover more.
1. In The Perception Prodigy Xs, Can You Adjust The Foot Pedals?
Before buying or settling for a particular kayak, this is a question you ought to ask yourself. It is such an advantage for the Perception Prodigy Xs kayak because you can easily adjust the foot brace.
2. Will It Take Long To Ship This Item After Placing An Order?
This is very important considering that you might be looking forth to enrolling your kid for a competitive event. But you don’t have to worry because you’ll have your Perception Prodigy Xs kayak delivered in just a couple of days.
3. For The Perception Prodigy Xs Kayak, Is There A Spray Skirt Available?
In as much as several skirt companies offer the correct size, there is currently no size available for the Prodigy Xs in the Perception skirt and cover line. The size you need will possibly be available at SnapDragon and Seals as they have an extended line of sprays and dresses.
Perception Prodigy Xs caters to intermediate-skilled people and is practical for you to invest in your kid. It is a must since it can make or break your kid’s opinion about kayaking. To develop their motor and kayaking skills, this kayak can be in use for years.
I hope all the information in this article provided answers to all your questions on everything you need to know about Perception Prodigy Xs kayaks. What are you still waiting for? Go ahead and purchase one for an enjoyable kayaking experience for your loved ones. Have fun!
Rockey is a kayaking enthusiast who has been kayaking with a local group for the last five years. He loves using kayaks while out on outings on the water or camping when the friends want to have a BBQ party somewhere on the bank of a local lake. More About James R Rockey at About Page Here: Authors
Based on his experiences with the different types of kayaks, he is sharing his opinion about kayaking tricks and required gears so that a beginner can get started right away.
Find his team on Twitter here. Happy reading!
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API