If you’ve been on the hunt for inflatable kayaks, then you’ve come across Sea eagle 370 and Intex excursion pro kayaks. These two kayaks are the best in the game, and it can be quite a dilemma trying to choose between the two. This article reviews both kayaks and tells you their main differences to help you choose one that best suits your specific need.
Inflatable kayaks have numerous advantages over traditional hard-shell kayaks, making them a must-have for anyone who loves adventure. They are easy to carry and store since they can fit into a bag when deflated. They also have multiple air chambers, making them safe if one chamber is punctured and easy to inflate and set up.
Let’s get straight into this review! We start with a review section outlining each kayak’s features, pros, and cons separately, then have a side-by-side comparison of their features explaining each feature in detail and telling you which kayak wins in that feature, and then finish off with a final verdict. Please stick with us to the end and get enlightened for easier decision-making.
Sea Eagle 370 Review
If you are looking for an affordable inflatable kayak, then sea eagle 370 is the one to go for. This kayak features premium quality construction that makes it durable and remarkably stable. The kayak is also lightweight making it ideal for carrying around on various adventures. Its lightweight nature also makes it easy to inflate and deflate the kayak. This kayak weighs just 32 lbs and can be folded to fit into the smallest car trunk, but it has a weight capacity of 650 lbs or three persons.
The hull is made of 33-millimeter Polykrylar that makes it strong enough to endure different water conditions. This kayak is remarkably durable and has proven to be worth every coin you spend on it: this durability and strength are due to the 1-way valves and great material formulation. One of the outstanding features of this kayak is how easy it is to setup and transport for most users. It takes an average of 8 minutes to set up the kayak.
1. Three-person capacity- the kayak can comfortably accommodate three adults with a weight limit of 650 lbs. however, it comes with two seats, so you will need to purchase the extra seat separately.
2. Excellent for beginners and expert paddlers- it is a smooth paddling boat that is easy to handle for beginners and experts
3. Lightweight and easy to set up, the kayak weighs 32 pounds, making it easy to carry it around, inflate and deflate with ease
4. Class 3 whitewater durability– this kayak is tough enough to endure class 3 whitewater but is also stable, comfortable, and dry on flatwater
5. Outstanding construction– features excellent material formulation for more strength, reliability, and durability on the water. The kayak features 1way valves, which make for thick material.
6. Features an open and close drain valve
7. It has a bow and stern grab line for easy carrying
1. Hull material: 33-millimeter Polykrylar
2. Length:150 inches
3. Width: 34 inches
4. Kayak weight: 32 lbs
5. Capacity: 3 people
6. Seam: high frequency welded
7. Inflation time: 8 minutes
8. White water rating: suitable up to class III
2. Easy to setup
3. Built to withstand sun and saltwater
4. Versatile and well-built
Intex Excursion Pro Review
Intex kayaks are very popular due to their outstanding-quality construction material and their fair price. The Intex excursion pro is among the best kayaks, and we can bet you will never regret buying it. The kayak has a two-person capacity with a weight capacity of 400 lbs. it is lightweight and easy to carry even on long adventuress. These kayaks come with extra accessories and features, giving you additional value for your money.
It has a strong and durable construction that enables it to withstand water pressure, UV rays, abrasion, and sharp objects in the water. The kayak has a 3-layered construction featuring super tough PVC on the top and bottom and a polyester core in the middle. This makes the boat quite strong but still lightweight. This kayak is spacious enough to accommodate two persons and their belongings. It has two seats and enough space between the seats for the legs. It is also high, with an inflated height of 18 inches to keep water from entering the kayak. This ensures it remains dry for most of the time.
This kayak was built with the comfort of the user in mind. It features super comfortable seats that are adjustable and removable; the kayak also has footrests to keep your feet comfortable and relaxed. If kayaking alone, you can remove one seat to have that extra space. It also has rod holders that keep your fishing gear in place as you paddle, and this is an excellent win for kayak anglers.
1. Quality construction material– this kayak is made with super tough laminate PVC with a polyester core making it lightweight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact, and sunlight
2. Has extra rigidity and stability due to the high-pressure inflation– this kayak features high-pressure spring-loaded valves for easy inflation and fast deflation
3. It comes with a high output pump and aluminum oars
4. The kayak features storage space in bow and stern with stainless steel rings for tying down the gear and dry bags
5. Features a carry bag, repair patch, and removable and adjustable mounting brackets for your accessories
6. The kayak has extra accessories, including two removable skews for shallow and deep water, two mounted footrests, two recessed fishing rod holders, and adjustable bucket seats.
1. Inflated size: 12’7″ x3’1″ x1’6”
2. Kayak weight: 39.01 lb
3. Persons capacity: 2
4. Weight capacity: 180kg(400lb)
1. It has an i-beam floor for extra stability
2. Ergonomic and comfortable
3. Storage spaces at the front and back
4. Lightweight and portable
5. Removable brackets for holding accessories
6. Has easy-grab handles at the bow and stern
The Differences Between Sea Eagle 370 And Intex Excursion Pro
Now that you know what each kayak has to offer let’s compare the kayaks to see which one wins. In this section, we feature a table comparing the features and discuss some outstanding features in detail. We also have a verdict that will help you settle for the kayak that best suits your needs; let’s dive right in!
|Features||Sea Eagle 370||Intex Excursion Pro|
|Capacity||3 people||2 people|
|Hull material||33-millimeter Polykrylar||Laminate PVC with a polyester core|
|Kayak weight||32 lbs||39 lbs|
|Inflated size (dimensions inches)||Length: 148Width: 34||Length: 123Width: 36|
|Weight capacity||650lb/295kg||400lb/ 180kg|
|Length||150 inches||151 inches|
|Width||34 inches||37 inches|
Now that you have a glimpse of their main differences let’s go through each feature in detail to know which kayak wins where.
Capacity (Number Of People)
The Intex excursion pro has a capacity of two people with a weight limit of 180kg, while the sea eagle 370 has a three-person capacity with a weight limit of 295 kg. The sea eagle only comes with two seats but has enough room to accommodate the third seat comfortably. If you need a big kayak, then the sea eagle wins for you. If you are looking for an intimate kayak to fit just two people, the Intex excursion pro is the best option for you.
Construction (Strength And Durability )
When choosing an inflatable kayak, one of the main factors you should consider is the construction and material. It would help if you had a durable kayak that will withstand any water adventure without falling apart. Some inflatable kayaks can burst due to the water pressure or get torn by sharp objects in the water.
The Intex excursion pro is made of high-quality laminate PVC with a polyester core making it exceptionally strong. It also has three-layered construction, making it resistant to UV rays and abrasion. These features ensure you keep kayaking for years without needing a repair or replacement.
The sea eagle 370 is made from 38 mils PolyKrylar (K80 PVC), which is extra strong and durable. It is also resistant to saltwater and sunshine, making it great for kayaking in saltwater.
As you can tell, both Kayaks are equally strong and durable, and that’s why they are among the best inflatable kayaks in the market.
If you are looking for a durable inflatable kayak, then Intex excursion pro is an excellent choice because of its superb construction that allows it to last for years, even when used in saltwater. It has a stable and rigid floor with an excellent location for fishing rods. The kayak comes with extra accessories such as a bag, two foldable paddles, an inflating pump, and a pressure gauge that gives you value for money.
You can also opt for sea eagle 370 because it can accommodate more people, and the quality of the kayak is also top-notch. The main difference between these two Kayaks is the weight capacity and the number of passengers they can accommodate. The excursion pro has a two-person capacity with a weight capacity of 400 pounds, while sea eagle 370 can accommodate three persons with a weight capacity of 600 pounds.
Both kayaks have removable skegs for stability and maneuvering and an I-beam floor. They are also designed for easy carrying, with the excursion pro having grab handles at the bow and stern and the sea eagle having a grab line. They are also lightweight, with excursion pro weighing 39 pounds and sea eagle weighing 32 pounds.
We hope that this review helps you get the best out of the inflatable kayak you end up choosing between the two. Good luck and happy kayaking!
Briggs is from Chandler, Arizona, USA. Besides riding on his dirt bike on Grand Canyon – he loves fishing and often go kayaking in Colorado River with his best friends Mike. A cute dog named Ketty gives the company while Briggs kayaks alone.
Last update on 2021-06-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API