Solstice by swim line Durango is an affordable and versatile tandem kayak that paddlers love. It is easy to inflate and carry and comes with very functional features. The kayak can convert from a one-person to a two-person configuration in minutes.
- The solstice Durango is made from a heavy-duty material that makes it rugged and durable
- If you are looking for an affordable and great quality inflatable kayak then you won’t find a better option than this kayak
- The solstice Durango kayak is available to buy for $549.95 and you can buy it from Amazon or Solstice’s official website
- This kayak is made from a tough PU-coated 840-denier nylon cover with a triple-layer bottom
No products found.
What Is The Solstice By Swimline Durango Kayak?
The solstice Durango is an inflatable kayak that can be used as a one- or two-person kayak. The kayak is made from a heavy-duty material that makes it rugged and durable. Since it is an inflatable kayak, it is portable and easy to set up and comes with a pump that makes inflation fast and effortless.
Our favorite part about this kayak is how stable it is even in turbulent waters; it is also easy to maneuver. Even beginners will have an easy time paddling this vessel.
Who Is The Solstice Durango Kayak For?
This kayak is made for the following user segments:
1. Paddlers who want to enjoy kayaking with a partner
2. Paddlers who want an alternative to conventional kayaks
3. Those looking for an affordable and great quality inflatable kayak
4. Paddlers looking for a kayak that is easy to set up and use.
How Much Does The Solstice Durango Kayak Cost?
The solstice Durango kayak is available to buy for $549.95. We think that the price is quite reasonable for the quality of the kayak you are getting. With this craft, you are guaranteed value for money.
Features Of The Solstice By Swimline Durango Kayak
1. Can Easily Switch Between One And Two-Person Configuration
Some tandem kayaks claim to be usable as solo kayaks, but it is practically impossible because of seat positioning or difficulty in paddling. This solstice Durango kayak performs excellently in both configurations as it is comfortable and easy to paddle both ways.
2. Made From A Tough PU Coated 840- Denier Nylon Cover With A Triple Layer Bottom
This kayak has a rigid construction that makes the kayak durable and able to withstand different water conditions. It has a triple bottom layer that reduces the chances of a puncture, even in shallow waters. You can paddle in rocky waters and even carry your dog along without damaging the boat’s floor.
3. It Has An I-Beam Floor That Is Strong, Rigid, And Light
The bottom of this kayak is strong enough for you to stand or get on and off without fear of toppling over. The I-beam floor has three separate air chambers to guarantee your safety; you can still stay afloat and get to the shore if one is punctured.
4. Features Two Adjustable, Sturdy Nylon Covered Bucket Seats
The kayak comes with bucket seats that are comfortable for short-distance paddling. You might need to reinforce the seats if you plan to go on a long-distance adventure
5. Has High-Pressure Boston Valves That Allow For Easy And Fast Inflation And Deflation
Setting up this kayak is quick and effortless, thanks to the Boston valves. It will take just a few minutes to get the kayak ready for the water.
6. It Comes With A Detachable Skeg For Improved Tracking And Performance
The solstice Durango kayak offers excellent performance and tracking on the water when the skeg is attached. You can remove the skeg when paddling in shallow water or in areas with coverage to avoid being caught in the weeds.
7. Features Heavy-Duty D-Rings For Holding Your Gear In Place
Most inflatable kayaks require you to figure out how you will secure your equipment on the vessel. However, the solstice Durango features D-rings that help secure your gear for a fun-filled adventure.
8. It Has Two Ergonomic Handles That Make Carrying The Kayak Effortless
Whether you want to carry the kayak inflated or deflated, the carry handles come in handy to ensure you’re comfortable and use minimal effort.
9. It Comes With Some Useful Extra Accessories For Convenience
You will also get a foot pump, a carry bag, two removable seats, and a detachable skeg when you buy this kayak. These accessories will ensure you save some money since you won’t have to buy them separately. They will also make your adventures more comfortable, and you can get on the water immediately after you receive your kayak.
Specifications Of The Solstice By Swimline Durango Kayak
|Maximum weight capacity||440 lbs|
|Inflation pressure||Up to 2.5 PSI|
|Dimensions||9.75 x 18.75 x 32 inches|
|Package includes||Carry bag, repair kit, two seats, detachable skeg, and manual|
How Does The Solstice Durango Kayak Perform On The Water?
A kayak’s performance is the ultimate measure of value for money. You can have the most rigid and aesthetically appealing kayak, but if it doesn’t help perform, all other features no longer make sense. This section takes you through our experience with the kayak to give you a clear picture of the vessel’s performance.
This kayak is comfortable to carry, thanks to its assembly design and ergonomic carry handles. It is also comfortable to paddle on for short adventures, thanks to the bucket seats. If you intend to use the kayak for long hours, you can reinforce the seats for added comfort. When inflated to the recommended air pressure (2 PSI), the I-beam floor makes the seats even more comfortable and reduces the chances of fatigue on the feet.
This kayak is designed for recreational kayaking, especially on flat water. However, it is pretty stable and handles whitewater kayaking excellently. The I-beam construction floor adds to the vessel’s stability, making it easy to get on and off the kayak. You can also stand on the kayak for a short time and still keep your balance. We highly recommend the vessel among the most stable tandem kayaks in the market.
The solstice Durango kayak offers excellent maneuverability and tracking thanks to its design and the included skeg. You can easily paddle in a straight line and take on corners without feeling the impact. The kayak cuts through the water impressively.
Pros Of The Solstice Durango Kayak
1. Has a solid and durable construction
2. It comes with detachable skegs for improved tracking
3. Versatile as it can be used as a one and two-person kayak
4. It comes with D-rings for securing your luggage
5. Offers impeccable value for money
6. It comes with a carry bag and other essential accessories
Cons Of The Solstice Durango Kayak
1. Paddles are not included
2. Seats may require reinforcing or replacement for long adventures
The Takeaway; Is The Solstice Durango Kayak Worth Buying?
The Solstice Durango kayak comes with great features that offer immense value for your money. It is also easy to transport and set up without taking up your kayaking time. If you love the convenience of a vessel, then this is the right kayak for you. You can use the kayak for solo and tandem adventures; it works well whichever way you choose to paddle it.
We took our dog with us on this kayak, and we were impressed by how enduring it is. The boat was not punctured or scratched, and this is rare in inflatable kayaks. We recommend this kayak for anyone who wants a durable and affordable kayak. We think the kayak deserves more accolades than it is already receiving. This kayak is worth buying; if you have considered getting it, go ahead and buy yours. Happy kayaking.
Rockey is a kayaking enthusiast who has been kayaking with a local group for the last five years. He loves using kayaks while out on outings on the water or camping when the friends want to have a BBQ party somewhere on the bank of a local lake. More About James R Rockey at About Page Here: Authors
Based on his experiences with the different types of kayaks, he is sharing his opinion about kayaking tricks and required gears so that a beginner can get started right away.
Find his team on Twitter here. Happy reading!
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API