Sun dolphin excursion 10 kayak is a popular sit-in kayak among anglers of all levels of expertise. This Kayak is stable on the water, and easy to maneuver and operate while giving you the best fishing kayak features at a reasonable price. What makes the Kayak stand out in its category is its ability to squeeze through narrow tracks to get to excluded fishing spots. The Kayak is friendly for beginners and is easy to transport.
- Sun dolphin excursion 10 kayak provides extra stability thanks to its width and design
- The hull design of the Sun dolphin excursion 10 kayak allows optimal turning and tracking while still maintaining stability
- This kayak has two flush-mount rod holders at the backside and one swivel rod holder at the front
- Sun dolphin excursion 10 kayak is made from high-density polyethylene, making it strong and durable enough to withstand the wear and tear of regular use
No products found.
4.4 out of 5
Material: 4.8 out of 5
Design: 4.7 out of 5
Price: 4.8 out of 5
2. Extra stability due to its width and design
3. Easy to track and paddle in flatwater
4. Navigates tight and excluded fishing spots with ease
5. It has a spacious cockpit area for more comfort
6. Has adjustable foot braces that can accommodate both tall and short anglers
7. Easy to handle and lightweight
1. The seat is not padded at the bottom.
1. Made from rugged fortified high-density polyethylene making it flexible and durable
2. The hull design allows optimal turning and tracking while still maintaining stability
3. The kayak shell is UV stabilized to make sure it doesn’t fade or peel when kayaking under the sun
4. Features two flush-mount rod holders at the backside and one swivel rod holder at the front
5. It has a storage compartment on the stern that can hold enough gear and accessories and a storage hatch with shock cord deck rigging
6. Lightweight and has to carry handles at the front and back, making it easy to transport
7. Designed with a large open cockpit and an adjustable seat for extra comfort
|Cockpit size||17” W x 35” L|
This sit-in fishing and recreational Kayak is designed for lakes, rivers, ponds, and calm waters. It is flat bottom, meaning it doesn’t track well in big waves and currents, and the paddler needs more effort to keep it in a straight motion. On calm and flat water, this Kayak tracks well and is easy to maneuver. It has a narrow shape that enables it to navigate narrow creeks and challenging waterways with ease to get to those excluded fishing spots. The sun dolphin excursion 10 performs excellently for beginners since it is stable and easy to maneuver. For experts looking for speed, the Kayak might be disappointing since the flat bottom and width that make the boat stable take away speed.
Every beginner looks for stability in their first Kayak to make learning more accessible and enjoyable. This sit-in kayak is stable enough to give you the confidence you are looking for. It has a low center of gravity, 30 inches wide, and the paddle sits low inside the Kayak, making it stable on the water. You can paddle and fish from the Kayak confidently without tipping or flipping over due to the flat bottom. Expect to fish comfortably from this Kayak and catch any fish species while on it.
The Kayak is made from high-density polyethylene, making it strong and durable enough to withstand the wear and tear of regular use. It is made in the US to the same standards as most other sun-dolphin kayaks. The Kayak weighs 44 lbs and is lightweight, making it easy to transport. It is safe to say that this Kayak has high-quality construction, making it sturdy.
For its size, excursion 10 has a surprisingly ample amount of storage space. It has a storage compartment at the stern that holds and keeps your gear dry throughout your adventure. It also has shock cord deck rigging that you can customize by adding accessories. Since this is a small kayak, the storage space is sufficient, especially if you use the Kayak for a one-day adventure.
The sun dolphin excursion 10 is quite comfortable for its size. It has a spacious cockpit and adjustable foot braces giving you plenty of legroom. You can adjust braces to customize the cockpit for your height. If you are taller than average, the cockpit might be a bit snug for you. The Kayak has a padded seat and is lined with thigh pads to keep you comfortable as you fish. However, the seat doesn’t come with a bottom, and this might make your glute muscles sore if you fish for a long time. We recommend getting a pillow or seat pad and carrying it along as you go fishing.
This Kayak performs exceptionally well on the water and is easy to maneuver and navigate tight spots due to its narrow and small size. This Kayak is also easy to maneuver across dry ground since it is lightweight and has handles at the bow and stern. Loading and launching this watercraft is such a breeze.
The sun dolphin excursion 10 is amongst the most affordable kayaks for all the features it offers. If you are looking to get good quality and stable fishing kayak without breaking the bank, you can’t go wrong with this one. Since it comes with all the accessories you might need in a kayak, you won’t have to spend extra to make the Kayak usable. https://youtu.be/fTckkClwlbA?t=249
As an angling kayak, this vessel has some accessories that come in handy to make it efficient. It has scupper holes for draining any water that gets into the Kayak. These holes are easy to drain since you need to twist and unscrew and drain the water. It also has a water bottle holder that is easy to reach in your sitting position and keeps your drink secure. Another essential accessory on the Kayak has to be the swivel rod holder and two flush-mount rod holders that keep your fishing rods in place as you paddle. The Kayak also comes with a paddle that is good enough for basic paddling.
The sun dolphin excursion 10 is a high-quality watercraft ideal for beginners and helps you catch more fish. It provides better stability than other kayaks of its size and has enough storage space for your gear and accessories. If you are looking for a stable kayak that’s easy to maneuver, this is a good choice. If you are looking for speed in a kayak, you might be disappointed by this Kayak since it is not the fastest. We hope that this review has helped you decide whether this is the right Kayak for you. Happy kayaking!
Rockey is a kayaking enthusiast who has been kayaking with a local group for the last five years. He loves using kayaks while out on outings on the water or camping when the friends want to have a BBQ party somewhere on the bank of a local lake. More About James R Rockey at About Page Here: Authors
Based on his experiences with the different types of kayaks, he is sharing his opinion about kayaking tricks and required gears so that a beginner can get started right away.
Find his team on Twitter here. Happy reading!
Last update on 2023-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API